Discharged Ch 7

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by SPACECAT, Oct 19, 2001.

1. SPACECAT

SPACECAT Well-Known Member

I have a discharged ch 7 that's about 2yrs old. I found out that it is on a paper file stored in Arlington somewhere. It is not on microfilm. But it is listed in Pacer. It cost a bout 25 or 35 bucks to have it shipped to my city for my review. Is it true that once its pulled from archives its no longer in the system? I also heard that once its pulled it does not go back into the system. I have disputed to CAs about 4 times already. Any Ideas? Need help fast!

2. SPACECAT

Any experts out there?

3. lbrown59

lbrown59 Well-Known Member

LIKE SC says any help out there?

4. LKH

LKH Well-Known Member

Believe me, it's in the system. Most bankruptcy courts have an automated phone system where you can check bk's by ss#, name or case #. The easiest way to find out would to call the automated phone for your district and find out.

5. SPACECAT

So, the best why is to keep disputing?

6. SPACECAT

I'm sorry. The best way is to keep on disputing.

7. lbrown59

lbrown59 Well-Known Member

======Did you make the call?

8. cariba

cariba Well-Known Member

They may not be able to find your file. My chapter 7 is 9.5 years old, and they were unable to locate my files in the archives in MO. I failed to get written proof of this unlocatable/nonexistent file, so I will be doing that soon. I don't know how long the file would stay out of the system. In MO, I faxed the request form to them for a certified copy of my filing, and they called me within a week to tell me that they could not locate my file.

Good luck.

cariba

9. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

CAN'T FIND IT, they MUST remove it from ALL 3 credit reports, and have them mail you a letter saying they will have the "WRONG" information from your credit report(s) REMOVED...

10. LKH

LKH Well-Known Member

George, unless I'm mistaken, the courts are not the ones that report this to the bureaus. I have been told that the bureaus have people check the court records and they report it. When you dispute it, they check the automated system. You must check the phone system for your case. Just because the hard file is not available does not mean there is no record of the case.

11. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

Ok...

I thought they needed MORE proof than a SS# and name match in a computer...

YOU OWE THE DEBT BECAUSE THE COMPUTER SAYS SO!!!!!!!!

12. LKH

LKH Well-Known Member

Apparently not. That stupid bk 13 that I withdrew is listed on their system and becuase of that, TU will not delete it. The other 2 did.

13. SPACECAT

I have not decided to have the filed shipped because I did not want to waste my time if it would not work.