Discover and credit limit incr

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by the other, Oct 14, 2000.

1. the other

the other Well-Known Member

Most companies when reviewing your account for an credit limit increase or APR reduction will pull your credit report, but it is usually considered and AR inquiry.

However, when I applied for an increase from Discover, they put a hard inquiry on my equifax report.

Just FYI.

2. miles

miles Well-Known Member

RE: Discover and credit limit

You're right. It should be a soft inquiry. I would call & ask to speak to the credit or accounts receivable dept. Ask the customer service rep to transfer you as they will probably not be able to assist you regarding inquiries. Good luck!

3. ble103

ble103 Guest

If you need to apply for an increase on any credit card don't do it.Why?Because it does place a inquirie on your report,and who needs that?Most C.C.C.'s do review their accounts on a regular bases to see if they can raise you automaticly,and also they may offer you low interest rate offers as well.

4. miles

miles Well-Known Member

This must pertain to particular companies. I have requested at least 3 credit limit increases in the past with 3 different companies. No hard inquiry has ever appeared on my credit reports.

5. sph

sph Guest

Prime + request + less than 1 year history=inquiry. Subprime+request= account review and no inquiry. THEY ALL want to increase lines you just have to wait or play the game!