Discover Called Today

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Tina Marie, Feb 14, 2001.

1. Tina Marie

Tina Marie Guest

Discover called me today to offer me a card. I wonder how they got my number later to find out in the conversation that it was based on the fact that I am taking a full time load of couses at the university. I am 5 years out of Chapter 7 and I have $9,000 in four subprime cards in the last 3 years.. Balences are running at about $500. My reports look half way decent. I am disputing still. Do you guys think I'll get some kinda card from them? I'd love to get this card. Would make me feel prime! If not just another Inquiry!!! That would suck!

They did ask my Salery I told them Mid 20k's and he ask how much did I pay in rent. I told him $450.

2. Greg

Greg Guest

Unless you filled out paperwork initiating contact with Discover, I would never give out any information over the phone to anyone, period!

3. Chet

Chet Well-Known Member

I am 9 years out of BK! Have had great credit since then.

Discover sent me a "pre-selected" app to apply for their card about 7-8 months ago.

I applied.

Their response: Denied because of Bankrupcty.

I think you will just be wasting an inquiry!

good luck,

chet

4. Jim

Jim Well-Known Member

MBNA did the same time thing t

3 offers came to the house. I called them and reminded them about my 2 year old BK. they said having a BK does not exclude me from consideration. I applied and they denied me a card.

Where is moms bunny?

5. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

RE: MBNA did the same time thi

He he. He is available anytime:)

Mom

6. sam

sam Well-Known Member

yup they buy a lot of lists if you signup for stuff on the web, you're prolly being sold on a list to CC companies. Think about it, most computer literate people have very good credit :)

7. Cadillac408

Cadillac408 Well-Known Member

Discover is stupid. They send offers to my house for everyone and their grandma ALL THE TIME. Such a waste of paper...

8. Cadillac408

Cadillac408 Well-Known Member

MBNA had been hounding me also. They call like every 4 months or so to get me to apply for this USA Volleyball card (because I coach volleyball and they probably got my name from the USVBA). What's funny is that the rep tried to tell me that their applications are viewed by real people and not computers therefore allowing someone who might have minor credit problems to be approved..........YEAH, RIGHT!