Discover Card blunder

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by jonesing, Aug 16, 2001.

1. jonesing

jonesing Well-Known Member

So I check my mail when I get home Tuesday and what do I see? Two items of mail from Discover Card. One is an application invitation for their Platinum card--with cool design choices. The other item is a Discover Platinum card with a $3800 limit......addressed to someone I've never heard of!!! Mistake? obviously...note that I've never seen a statement come for this person in the 6 months I've been in this house so I thought it was a brand new account. Nope, the card says "Member since 1990" and the card expires in 2005!!!

I was talking to some friends at work the next day and we were debating on what to buy...new office chairs, horde up on office supplies etc. But then sanity returned as it often does and I called Discover to see if they would just "switch it to my name since I already have" their application in hand? LMAO Well the rep took my application over the phone and flagged the card--I'm sending over to their local operations center at lunch.

It turns out the person named on the card actually lived here about 4 years ago when he owned this house!!!!

2. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

jonesing
    One is an application invitation for their Platinum card--with cool design choices.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I ASKED ABOUT TRADING FOR A NEW DESIGN...They said I could "APPLY" then close the current account...

ISN'T THAT LOGICAL ?

3. dlo64

dlo64 Well-Known Member

Got that same invitation to apply today. Yeah Platinum card in my choice of 5 different designs. Me apply...I don't think so. Don't have a chance in h*** of getting this card with a 1 year old BK. They obviously pull a promo inquiry and whatever they get on me shows I have credit (good tradelines) that survived the BK and good since the BK, but doesn't give a clue of the BK...till I actually would apply and the report shows the public record. That equals DENIAL. So into the shredder goes this one!