Discover Card

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Karen_G, Sep 1, 2000.

1. Karen_G

Karen_G Guest

I looked on CreditMania's site, and noticed that Discover pulls TransUnion or Equifax.

Does anyone know of one or the other?

2. heather

heather Well-Known Member

Actually, I just received a decline today from Discover. The report was pulled from Experian.

3. Rich Guy

Rich Guy Guest

Same here (in Arizona.) Discover rejected me and hid behind Experian as their excuse. By the way, Discover is not the best card I can think of, but I applied because they sent me a "pre-selected" offer in the mail. And a month after rejecting me, they sent me another one.

4. Jim

Jim Well-Known Member

I live in Florida and Discover pulled a Equifax and Experian on me.

5. Steven Z

Steven Z Guest

My personal habit has been to shred the "pre-bullshit" offer and return them in the pre-stamped envelope. This method has proven particularly popular amongst users here on Credinet and the additional cost from enough rejections "may" cause them to change their policies.

Given the opportunity I would probably take a different tack by sending a letter to the head of the applications department (whosever name is on the application you received is in all likelyhood fictitious) enclose the rejection letter with the application and in another letter write something along the lines "What type of incompetents are running this place? Are you so blind to see that you have already declined my application, if so, this rejection letter from you may refresh your limited memory. Look, I don't need your "pre-selected" (selected as in the whole of the USA or just everybody in my state) offers and would prefer it if you didn't keep wasting both our times. If you have a 'real offer' to send me I'll consider it, otherwise I "expect" not to be bothered by any more of your friviolous unwanted solicitations."

In this case you would not use their own envelope as you are sending it directly to an individual officer.

Of course don't be too surprised if you see yet another useless "pre-selected" offer the next month, wherein you would choose another officer and repeat the process.

One 'possible' benefit (and I've only heard of this happening to a few people) is that you get somebody whose a*s is not upside his head and may decide to work with you and grant you a card, but this is unlikely. But at least you'll have some small satisfaction knowing you caused some aggravation to some pencil-pusher.