Discover, I could scream!

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Dani, Sep 12, 2001.

1. Dani

Dani Well-Known Member

I had sent a letter to Discover back in July concerning my little itty bitty credit line (I have retail cards with higher credit limits). Well, this week I received a message from their Financial Services Department stating they had received my letter and wanted to verify everything was satisfactory. No. Mind you this was the first time I had heard from Discover since I mailed my letter. So today I returned the call and spoke to their Financial Service Department. My complaint was pulling my report (a hard inquiry) to increase my credit line. Many credit card companies today usually don't pull your report at all and if they do it's usually a soft inquiry (AR). Discover refuses to budge. Not only that, but she told me they could pull my report anytime for whatever reason. This is when I got really ticked. I told her an AR of my report was fine...verifies I'm paying my other bills on time, etc. She said no we can pull a hard inquiry any time, it says so in your cardholder agreement. I told her unless I'm applying for a card with your organization your company does not have a permissible purpose to do that and it hurts my credit score. She told me it would hurt my credit score very little. Yea right, only seven or eight measly points each time they pulled one. I'm flabbergasted. What right do they have to attain my report without my permission. I can't believe this. Has anybody else had this happen. Personally, I ought to just cancel the card.

Dani

2. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

MY DISCOVERCARD IS IN THE SOCK DRAWER WITH MY WIFE'S NEXT CARD...

DISCOVERCARD is REFUSING to increase my credit limit with-out a credit report!!!

I STOPPED USING THE CARD TOTALLY...$900+/WEEK THEY ARE LOSING BECAUSE OF THEIR BEING "PIG-HEADED"!!!!!

MY ANNIVERSARY DATE WAS 07/27/2001...

I BOUGHT STUFF AND TOOK BACK SOME OTHER STUFF, SO MY 08/27/2001 BILL WAS $0.02...TOLD THEM BY E-MAIL THAT WAS MY $0.02 WORTH...MY YEAR-ENDING 07/27/2002 CASH BACK PURCHASES IS $0.02...

EVEN THOUGH THEY ARE REQUIRED TO BILL ME (BECAUSE I CHARGED) THEY REFUSE TO SEND ME A BILL...AND THEY ATE THE $0.02!!!!!

I WAS GOING TO SEND THEM A CHECK FOR $1.00...THEN ASK FOR A REFUND
    FOR $0.98!!!!!!

3. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

...Adding 5+ years perfect payment history...one credit line increase in five years $1,500...

I am holding out for $5,500 more...

4. Hal

Hal Well-Known Member

I'll tell you my opinion of how "screwed up" Discover's policies are - while still married, my wife, who had not worked in over 8 years as she was caring for the children, received a "pre approved" Discover card application - which she returned with no income noted on the application. A few weeks later she received a card with a $5,000.00 limit.

God bless Discover - I of course inherited the unpaid bill in the divorce.

5. Kitty

Kitty Well-Known Member

I encountered the same thing. It IRKS me so much when they say, I can pull your credit report anytime. Feel like choking them when I hear that. Another bank that does that is MBNA and they also have the nerve to say, I can shut you down anytime. F****% A....Whoa, I needed to let that out. Bye and Good luck.

6. Saar

Saar Banned

I agree. You have good credit history; no reason to retain an inferior card that has 2-cycle billing.

Saar

7. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

Especially one with an attitude!!!

8. Bill B

Bill B Well-Known Member

I have this discover with a fixed rate of 16.99% and 2 cycle billing but i could also transfer it to a 15.99 Variable rate and we are talking $5,000 in balance..What would be best to do? I keep trying to get discover to lower there rate but they wont budge..,But yet they give a friend with less credit than i a 13.99% card..The only thing they did was upgrade my status to platinum but no apr decrease..In November my 1.9% intro runs out..

9. the other

the other Well-Known Member

When your 1.9 ends, I would transfer to a different card.