Discover lowered interest rate

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Dani, Sep 6, 2001.

1. Dani

Dani Well-Known Member

I called Discover today to close my account. I felt that the interest rate was too high and the credit limit was too low. I have retail cards with higher credit lines then what Discover is offering me (without pulling my credit report). Retention offered to increase my credit line (with a credit report) I said no thanks. They offered me a balance transfer rate of 9.99%, still no thanks. Then they offered me 9.99% for new purchases for the next five months. I gave in. You never know what will happen if you call. Just don't threaten to close unless you're absolutely sure you want to. Some creditors may call your bluff. So that's my happy news for today. Hope everyone had a great three day weekend.

Dani

2. jmart

jmart Well-Known Member

Yeah, I had luck with Discover also.. I wrote a letter to Brice Brown (search on it..), and ended up getting my APR lowered from 18% to 9.9% fixed without an inquiry.

jmart

3. Dani

Dani Well-Known Member

Congrats, jmart. I tried contacting Brice Brown about increasing my credit limit without an inquiry over two months ago. I have been never contacted, but I'm happy with my new interest rate, although it's only temporary.

Dani

4. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

THEN THERE IS GEORGE...

I SPEND >$900/WEEK AND DISCOVERCARD WOULD RATER LOSE THAT THAN HAVE TO INCREASE MY CREDIT LIMIT $5,500...ONLY GOT $1,500 OVER 5 YEARS.

I JUST STOPPED CHARGING ON THEIR CARD, AND THEY DON'T EVEN CARE!!!
    MY INTEREST RATE IS 15.74% BUT I ALWAYS PAID IN FULL BECAUSE THE INTEREST WOULD "EAT" UP THE CASH BACK!!!!

SO IF THEY NEVER GIVE ME $5,500 INCREASE WITH-OUT A CREDIT REPORT, THE CARD WILL REMAIN UNUSED...

MY CASH BACK YEAR ENDING 07/27/2001 WAS $439.79
    MY CASH BACK YEAR ENDING 07/27/2002 WILL BE $0.00...I HOPE THEY ENJOY THAT PULLING A CREDIT REPORT "LAW"...

5. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

...THEY NEVER RESPONDED TO MY PLANTFEEDBACK LETTER...