Discover plat invitation >&

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Mil, Dec 5, 2000.

1. Mil

Mil Guest

I just recived discover platinum america offer in the mail , offer me to apply

any advice

2. sam

sam Well-Known Member

RE: Discover plat invitation &

Go for it, if its addressed to you and you have stellar credit. sears(discover) was known as one of the hardest lines of credit to get.

3. creditwork

creditwork Well-Known Member

I have one. They just offered me 9.9% APR till April 2001.

http://www.creditsense.com

4. average jo

average jo Guest

Hi creditworks

Does discover offer you rates lower then 9.9% on balance transfers offers with them?I have a discover platinum,and they offered me an intro rate of 2.9% for 7 months.After i used up that rate their next offer was a 9.9% for 6 months on B.T.'s.I am trying to figure out if they just shuffle their teaser rates around like offering low to higher rate then maybe they will offer a 5.9% on my next offer which will be my 3rd one.If anyones knows anything about how discover offers their rates on B.T's please let me know.I am just trying to play my cards right,and hope to get a royal flush which means i will get a B.T offer of 3.9% until balance is completly paid in full.

5. Sorin

Sorin Well-Known Member

You don't need stellar credit for Discover Platinum. I got it this summer, and I couldn't say my credit was stellar (though I wish :)

6. sam

sam Well-Known Member

What is your credit scenario ??

7. Sorin

Sorin Well-Known Member

Had my first card in 9/99, Cap One secured $200.
    At the time I applied for Discover(7/00), I had 4 accounts, with a total of about 3500 credit line. Plus a secured personal loan from my bank.

They approved with APR 14.9% and 6k line.

8. sam

sam Well-Known Member

Thats pretty decent credit :)

9. Doris K.

Doris K. Well-Known Member

I agree...That's pretty decent. Your credit lines might be small, but you haven't overdone it with buttloads of accounts.

You seem to be handling things smart enough that you probably aren't close to being maxed out, so your income/debt ratio is probably at a good level.

Those little $200 lines from Capital One might be annoying for lack of buying power, but they can work wonders for building good credit.

10. Sorin

Sorin Well-Known Member

Yep, I try not to be maxed out. At this point I have about 15k total in credit lines and about 3k balance on the Discover... had to take advantage of that 0% intro, right ?:)) Anyway it will go down to 0 in the next 2 months.
    The other accounts have 0 balances ... meaning they get paid in full every month

And BTW, the $200 Cap One is history :))