Discover Plat

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Shantel, Apr 21, 2001.

1. Shantel

Shantel Well-Known Member

I applied for Discover Plat over 2 weeks ago. Anyone had to wait this long, only to be denied? I could really use the balance transfer. Thanks!

2. Y.M.

Y.M. Guest

I applied their card last Nov. and since then never heard anything from them.

3. rachal

rachal Member

It takes them quite a while to answer. We applied via mail. It was almost 3 or 4 weeks with no answer so I called to find out the status. Once approved, we got the card in about a week.
    Did you call the 800 number to check the status?

4. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

1-800-DISCOVER

5. Jugnoo

Jugnoo Well-Known Member

I called their 800 number a few weeks after I applied online. The rep couldn't locate my application in their system. Apparently their system "lost" my online application.

6. Frank

Frank Guest

If you have screwed them in the past they may lose your app.

I once, not too long ago, applied to Citibank for a checking account, and they had my citi bk on their internal records. They never responded. When I called, a woman in new accounts located the record of my application. She then took my street address, saying that it wasn't entered in the system correctly, and that what was holding up my welcome kit. She advised the check card and checks would be in the mail within ten business days. Of course, nothing came in the mail. I called just for fun to see what happened, and I got from a different rep the "we don't have any record of your application having been made."

What they do, apparently, is throw out your application, if you have burned them.

I talked to Discover this last week about making an application after a BK, which included Discover, and I was told that after five years they would consider an app. Of course, before the five years are up, they may, indeed, throw the application out.

7. Shantel

Shantel Well-Known Member

No...I never screwed them. I had an account that went delinquent with them but I paid them off back in 97.

I called the 800# last week and the lady said, 'We ask that you give us 2 weeks'. I didn't bother to try it this week. I just thought I'd ask around here...see if I could get some insight. So thanks folks!

8. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

Try right now...could't hurt.

9. Jugnoo

Jugnoo Well-Known Member

Frank,

I have not "burned" Discover or anyone else. I have never declared BK either. I think it's just a system issue on their end. The New Accounts rep asked me if I wanted to apply over the phone.

By the way, it is required by federal law to respond to each application within 30 days stating the reason(s) for denial, if credit is declined. So Discover will be ill advised to merely ignore applications for credit whether they like the applicant or not.

Regards.

10. Ron,

Ron, Guest

Shantel,
    I applied for Discover Platinium Private issue over the phone and it took about over 1 month. They approved me for the credit line of $10,000.
    It is not necessary they will deneied you because sometimes they have a lot of peoples applying at short period of time.

Ron.