Discover Platinum - Michael

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by David, Sep 20, 2000.

1. David

David Well-Known Member

I've been reading about the approvals for Discover Platinum with 5-10K limits. Many of your clients had credit histories like mine, a year or so.

What about the income factor though? To be approved with a relatively short credit history, did the income have to be substantial?

2. Michael

Michael Guest

RE: Discover Platinum - Michae

About 60K was the lowest, and I think I remember you saying you were making about that amount.

Besides that no one ever called an employer!

3. Sorin

Sorin Well-Known Member

I was making 50k when I got mine.
    And as you said, nobody called my employer
    to verify that.

4. Michael

Michael Guest

What limit did you get?

5. Sorin

Sorin Well-Known Member

$6000 and 14.9 APR%

6. David

David Well-Known Member

We'll I'm only a student, so I don't make that much yet! (about 20-25K a year). However, since I'm in college and live with my parents, could I claim my father's income as well? He would surely help me pay if ever I had a problem??

7. Michael

Michael Guest

Discover had a student card, so call and find out if they still do.

As for your fathers income, you can claim that only if you both apply!

8. RichGuy

RichGuy Guest

Thank you, Michael. That information about income confirms what I've suspected for a long time. Incomes of 60K+ could help explain those limits of 5K-15K to which you often refer.

As far as income goes, I have never had ANY card issuer call my employer before granting me a card. (However, it's a safe bet that they'll use that number if I ever go delinquent on my account.) That explains their obsession with small details on credit reports: since other information is seldom verified, the "reliable" information on the credit report must be overused.

9. ble103

ble103 Guest

Income requirements are as follows for obtaining any dicover bank card $15K for their classic,and $30K for their platinum.When i applied for their card they sent me a classic at that time then i called them to get it to their platinum no problem.They increased my credit limit from $3500.00 to 9K.They must of make a mistake in the first place.