Discover Platinum

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by JP, Feb 16, 2001.

1. JP

JP Guest

Any Discover Platinum cardholders get a mailer this week announcing an increase in the APR. If so, what did yours go up to.

Regards,
    JP

2. Darrell

Darrell Guest

What did yours go up to?

3. miles

miles Well-Known Member

Well, that's not fair. Why should your rate be going up? With the feds reducing rates, it should be going down. Hopefully this is a typo? :)

4. JP

JP Guest

I've had the card since 1991 and the rate has always been 14.99%; however the mailer I recently received says its increasing to 18.9%.

I a sense its a moot point because I always use it for gas and groceries and then pay the bill in full. In 10 years, I don't ever remember paying any interest. Oh well I guess I'll call them just to see what gives.

JP

5. Darrell

Darrell Guest

Just received my bill this morning. There is no insert announcing a rate hike.

Wonder if they're waiting until April to stiff me. That's when my 0 percent into rate is up.

6. ble103

ble103 Guest

JP your credit score must of went lower for them to raise your rates.Discover is risk based pricing,not every one gets stiffed.I got a discover platinum,and my rate currently is a 14.49% varible.No insert for me.

7. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

MINE HAS BEEN 18.49% FOR A LONG TIME...

Some "new" people had 14.99% after 0.00%.

I pay in full so I don't care...

n