Discover Platinum

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by MikeB, May 2, 2001.

1. MikeB

MikeB Banned

I applied for a regular Discover card over 2 months ago and was turned down. I received an application for a platinum Discover card a month later. I threw it away. I received another one today. It states "Your Discover Platinum Card is reserved until May 15, 2001." It sounds like B.S. to me. If my card is "reserved", why must I apply again? If I was not approved for a classic Discover card, why are they sending me Platinum apps every month?

I had three accounts removed by Junum on an Experian Correction Summary dated Feb. 27, 2001. The enclosed updated credit report was dated March 9, 2001. The inquiry by Discover was made on March 5, 2001. Is it possible that Discover got the old report before the deletions were made? This would explain why they are sending me apps now.

I have a 650+ on Experian (E-loan 673). Is it worth another inquiry to apply for it? Thanks.

2. AnnMarie

AnnMarie Well-Known Member

Mike,
    Since things have changed on your credit report it's your right to have the CRA send out NEW UPDATED reports to people that have gotten your report in the last year on credit, 2 for employment (if memory serves) If I were you, I would contact the CRA and have them send new ones on over to whomever and then contact whomever and say, quite simply
    "wanna play with me now big boy?"
    (or girl, whatever...you know what to say!)
    Just an idea...

AnnMarie

3. AnnMarie

AnnMarie Well-Known Member

The point of my last post that I completely forgot to mention (no, thank YOU Mr 800mg Motrin!) was that you don't need to blow another hard inquiry on these guys, if that is a concern of yours.

:)
    AnnMarie

4. MikeB

MikeB Banned

I should have.....oops. Thanks Ann.

5. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member

MikeB,
    I applied for Discover Platinium card a year ago and they approved me $3500 even I don't have any negative on my credit reports. At the end of last year, I requested to increase the credit limit of my Discover classic card and they approved $5000. I also requested to upgrade my Discover Classic card to Discover Platinium. They approved me Discover Classic card even I have their Novus card. I think that it is toughest card thar you get from them. It is not hurt to try apply for one. I hope you didn't have anypreviously charge-off accounts from them and they will denied you. By thw ay, they pulled credit from Equifax.

Ron.

6. MikeB

MikeB Banned

Thanks Ron,
    Yeah, I applied and was denied. They pulled my worst report. They pulled two in fact. If it wasn't for that damn preapproval, I would have never applied. Discover is limited in acceptance anyway, so no big disappointment, just another inquiry.