Discover Platinum

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Shantel, May 18, 2001.

1. Shantel

Shantel Well-Known Member

Here we go again....what is up with these people?

I applied online right? Okay, I called and they had no record of it so the CSR was like, "We can do it now to make sure it's in"....I said, "Fine". We did it. I got my Equifax CR and on 4/27, Discover made an inquiry. Here it is May 18...exactly 3 weeks later and not a peep. I'll take a denial letter if that's what its going to be, but danggit...say SOMETHING! I mean, geez, how long does it take to get a CR and look at a score and say, "No" or "Yes"?

I hate waiting. Sorry ladies and gents...just had to vent.

2. 2244y

2244y Well-Known Member

Same here,applied online last Aug and was told my application wasn't in their computer system three weeks late.Sent pre-approved for Discover private issuer in last Oct,called one month late and was told my application was declined.But I never received the rejection letter .I did call once to ask them to send the lettle to me.Funny thing is no inquiry made by Discover on my all credit reports.

3. MikeB

MikeB Banned

Read GEORGE's posts on Discover card, you may think twice about applying again. I would:)

4. roni

roni Well-Known Member

I also applied online for Discover. I never heard anything from them.

5. Geo

Geo Well-Known Member

The same here. I applied last April 26th. I have heard nothing by now.

Geo

6. Marie

Marie Well-Known Member

Same w/Sears. Glad they lost the application.

7. Shantel

Well folks...I finally heard back from Discover...

I GOT IT...OH MY GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8. Shantel

Oh yeah...my CL is $5000. I'm doing a balance transfer THIS WEEK....bye bye Cap1 and Associates (even though Associates is my oldest card...I got this card when I was 17!!!! and the punks closed my account last year because I was a little late. I didn't even KNOW they'd closed the account. That was bogus!

9. Marie

Marie Well-Known Member

GOOD for you :) Feels great doesn't it!!!
    I just got Platinum w/Cap1 (5K) so it's been a good week all around :)

10. Shantel

Marie,
    This is such an accomplishment for me. I've gone through so much the last few years and I didn't even know WHERE to begin. But I found this board and got a lot more knowledge...and more importantly, courage to do something.

This is great! Amex in December...I can FEEL it!

11. Dani

Dani Well-Known Member

Congratulations, Shantel. You deserve it.

Dani

12. miles

miles Well-Known Member

Congratulations Shantel. You're movin' on up!! :)

13. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

Congrats Shantel:)

mom

14. Shantel

Thanks guys and gals....Yes Miles, I'm moving on up...just like my tagline says....