Discover Pre-Selected

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Bart, Sep 16, 2000.

1. Bart

Bart Guest

I received a "pre-selected" app for Discover card 0% till March 2001 then 14.99%, no annual fee. My credit isnt great so should I bother to waste the inquiry?

Thanks for your help.

2. BarryN - C

BarryN - C Guest

Probably not...

Pre-Selected. That term is a joke. Discover could have gotten your name from the CRA by merely matching a neighborhood demographics rating. Most of the time, pre-selected is not a match to any credit score criteria. I am sure they pay less for such a list.

Good Luck,

BarryN

3. JacquiG

JacquiG Well-Known Member

RE: Probably not...

Pre-selected Discover offers come to my house regularly, addressed to a friend's first name and my last name. There is no CRA file to match it with! At least we know where that one's coming from: both of our names were on a cell phone contract; his name, c/o me at my address.

4. RichGuy

RichGuy Guest

I returned one of those two months ago and got a rejection, based on a report from Experian. I just returned another one, hoping that they may check a different report this time. (The envelope goes to a different state this time.) If they do check Experian again, I have very little to lose from another inquiry, since that report never gets me anything good anyway.

But given all that, Barry is right, and Steven Z would agree, that it probably isn't worth an inquiry.