Discover question

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by the other, Apr 18, 2001.

1. the other

the other Well-Known Member

My fiance applied for Discover on the web page on April 10. Anyone know how long it takes before receiving a denial letter or the credit card?

2. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

Call the 1 800-discover, they will tell you yes or no right then and there.

3. the other

the other Well-Known Member

Hey Mom, I would but I'm not the applicant. My fiance is, and I know he won't call.

4. rachal

rachal Member

we recently applied by mail and it took almost 30 days before we received an answer. the card came a week after that.

5. Dani

Dani Well-Known Member

Other,

When I applied last August I gave them three weeks to reply and then called. They told me I was approved and my credit limit. Ten days later I received the approval letter followed a week later by the card. Wishing you luck.

Dani

6. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member

the other,
    It usually took about a month to provess your application and I thought they offer instant approval for Discover Platinium card. About a year ago, I applied on the web and it took up to a month to know the result and I got approved for Discover Classic card with $3500. Last December, I requested the limit increase to $5000 and they approved. They also upgraded my account to Discover Platinium.

Ron.

7. Dani

Dani Well-Known Member

Lucky you. Discover still has me sitting at $1200! That's the credit line that they gave me when I was in college and had no credit. They keep telling me they will increase my line, but they need to pull my credit report (hard inquiry). I keep saying no. Still waiting for the automatic increase...

Dani

8. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

I HAVE WAITED OVER 6 YEARS FOR AN AUTOMATIC INCREASE IN THE CREDIT LINE...STILL WAITING.

IT IS NOT WORTH AN INQUIRY!!!

9. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member

Dani,
    Why don't you asked them to increase your credit line? By the way why don't you try to apply for Private Issue? They approved me for $10,000 and they probably give you more credit than Discover Patinium card. I think that Discover Patinium is tough to increase your credit. My brother applied for Discover Platinium and they approved him with $10,000 and they increased him to $13,000 without requesting any increase credit lines.

Ron.

10. Dani

Dani Well-Known Member

My husband and I will be buying a house in the next three months. Can't afford a hard inquiry on my credit report and Discover refuses to do an automatic increase or give me a lower interest rate. I don't have a problem with Discover pulling my report as long as they report it as a soft inquiry - they refuse. After I payoff the Amex Blue I'm calling to cancel them. Right now I use Discover and pay it off in its entirety each month so I don't accrue additional finance charges on the Blue. When Blue is paid Discover's bye-bye. $1200 is an insult.

Hope you have a good day.

Dani