Discover Reporting.

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by brad, Aug 18, 2001.

1. brad

brad Well-Known Member

Checked my CR last night with Equifax.Lo and behold,Discover is reporting only HB/CB just like good old CAP-ONE.What a bunch of c**p!!!

2. Dani

Dani Well-Known Member

Hi Brad,

Discover usually reports credit lines. They're reporting mine to all three bureaus. I would contact Discover's credit reporting department and ask them to correct this. If it makes you feel any better Discover is reporting me as closed to all three reporting agencies. I contacted them about this and they refused to believe me...oh well.

Dani

3. the other

the other Well-Known Member

They don't report the limit for my fiance, but they do for me... My account is older than his.

4. Dani

Dani Well-Known Member

The other,

My account is relatively new (only a year old) and I have never had a problem with Discover reporting my limits (Amex is another story). Has your fiance tried contacting Discover about this? What did they say? Have a great weekend.

Dani

5. Reshod

Reshod Well-Known Member

Dani

I have had the same problem with the account beng closed. This has been going on for over 6 months. I call, they deny. I go through PFB, no reply. I dispute, no change.

So the last time i disputed, it was deleted.

Oh well, it wasnt hurting or helping so what the HELL.

6. greyfox

greyfox Well-Known Member

Re: Dani

My credit limit is being reported on my Experian report, but not on my Equifax. Discover customer service told me that they are reporting it correctly. I assume that means Equifax is wrong.

7. Dani

Dani Well-Known Member

Discover Reporting

Is it me or is Discover's credit reporting department really screwed up? They're reporting half of us as closed and the other half with no credit limits. What is going on? I contacted their Customer Service Department about my account being reported as closed and they told me that can't be right. I told them I was looking at my credit report and it is being reported as closed. She refused to believe me. I, also tried Planetfeedback, Reshod, and they have not responded to any of my requests. They have been reporting me closed for three months. If anybody has any ideas why Discover is so loopy I'd love to hear them.

Dani

8. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

Re: Discover Reporting

ALL I KNOW ABOUT DISCOVERCARD, IS THEY WOULD RATHER HAVE YOU CLOSE THE ACCOUNT, THAN HAVE TO GIVE SOMEBODY A CREDIT LINE INCREASE WITHOUT A CREDIT REPORT....

I WAS SPENDING $900/WEEK...THEY REFUSED TO INCREASE THE CREDIT LINE $5,500 MORE AFTER 5 YEARS ALL THEY GAVE ME WAS $1,500.

SO I STOPPED USING THE CARD!!!!
    I WILL WAIT THEM OUT...