Discover Small Balance ChargeOff??

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Bill B, Nov 6, 2001.

1. Bill B

Bill B Well-Known Member

I did a balance transfer to pay off my discover card and also closed the account..Well i forgot to add a few extra bucks for the finance charges that occured for those few days..Anyways the charges was $3.38 but the bank didnt charge me and on statment says small balance charge off,,I wonder if this is ok or not?

2. Newcomer

Newcomer Well-Known Member

Bill,

Years ago when I worked for Equifax, there used to be a courtesy rule that if the remaining balance on an account was less than $10, the company would write it off, but it would not be reflected as a bad debt for the customer. With corporations being less than scrupulous, I think you need to verify with Discover that this will not reflect badly on your credit report.

3. Dani

Dani Well-Known Member

There is nothing to worry about. I had a small chargeoff of .67 a couple months ago with Discover. They tagged on interest for the cash advance I took. Since I pay the balance in full each month, I guess it wasn't worth their time to send me a bill for $.67. This will not reflect on your credit report.

Dani

4. Bill B

Bill B Well-Known Member

Thanx for the input

5. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

WHEN I WAS GETTING NO WHERE WITH DISCOVERCARD, I WANTED TO GIVE DISCOVERCARD MY $0.02...so I fixed it so I would owe $0.02...THEY HAD THE NERVE TO "SMALL BALANCE WRITE OFF"!!!

6. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

...AND THEY REFUSED TO SEND ME A STATEMENT (even though there was credits and charges)...VIOLATION OF SOME LAW???