Discover - Wasting Paper Once

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Cadillac408, Jan 24, 2001.

1. Cadillac408

Cadillac408 Well-Known Member

It should be against the law to waste paper like Discover does.

Get home this evening and there are 2 *pre-select* offers from Discover. One is addressed to my boyfriend (we don't live together but I am an AU on his Gold Am/Ex card and the bill comes here) for the Platinum card and the other is address to me for the Gold card. What are these people thinking?

Also, might I add ANOTHER Platinum offer came for my mother who passed away over 3 years ago and has never lived or received mail at this address EVER. Might I also add that she never had any credit cards (other than Wells Fargo check card) since like the 70's.

Guess I better use these bogus offers and practice my jumpshot for the basketball try-outs that I'm on my way to right now.

Bye!

MP$40

2. dogman

dogman Well-Known Member

JUMP SHOT

MP - I wish I would someday have the opportunity to see your JUMP SHOT :)

3. Reshod

Reshod Well-Known Member

Tryouts

MP,
    If, I might ask, who are you trying out for?
    Go to your Destiny!!

Reshod

MP$40 wrote:
    -------------------------------
    It should be against the law to waste paper like Discover does.

Get home this evening and there are 2 *pre-select* offers from Discover. One is addressed to my boyfriend (we don't live together but I am an AU on his Gold Am/Ex card and the bill comes here) for the Platinum card and the other is address to me for the Gold card. What are these people thinking?

Also, might I add ANOTHER Platinum offer came for my mother who passed away over 3 years ago and has never lived or received mail at this address EVER. Might I also add that she never had any credit cards (other than Wells Fargo check card) since like the 70's.

Guess I better use these bogus offers and practice my jumpshot for the basketball try-outs that I'm on my way to right now.

Bye!

MP$40

4. Cadillac408

Cadillac408 Well-Known Member

RE: Tryouts (off credit topic)

Well it sure aint the WNBA :-( It's actually for an exclusive woman's league in a neighboring city. All ex college players, etc. And I made it by the way :)

I have played basketball all of my life and wonder what would of happened if I did pursue playing professionally? I was (and still could be if I loose like 40 lbs) good enough to play. But family comes first when you are a single parent w/ 2 kids.

5. Herman

Herman Well-Known Member

RE: Discover - Wasting Paper O

"Pre-select offer" mean nothing.

"Trash is trash" $@#=%!

6. miles

miles Well-Known Member

RE: Discover - Wasting Paper O

You're right. I have recieved so many of these offers, I'm sure some forest somewhere is in jeopardy. What a waste!

7. Reshod

Reshod Well-Known Member

RE: Tryouts (off credit topic)

MP,
    First off Congratulations!!!

I know what you mean there(1 kid)! I played a few years back, then I joined the Army. But a have a stubborn sister who playes for her college team and received an invite to the WNBA pro-camp. But she decided that since she went through all those years of school to make 50K+ that she was not going to the WNBA to only make 30K. I tried to talk her out of it, but girls will be girls.

I want to play for my collge team but I feel that I am too old(24).LOL

However,
    Go to your Destiny

Reshod

MP$40 wrote:
    -------------------------------
    Well it sure aint the WNBA :-( It's actually for an exclusive woman's league in a neighboring city. All ex college players, etc. And I made it by the way :)

I have played basketball all of my life and wonder what would of happened if I did pursue playing professionally? I was (and still could be if I loose like 40 lbs) good enough to play. But family comes first when you are a single parent w/ 2 kids.