Discover! Yeah!

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by PSUgirl, Jun 13, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PSUgirl

PSUgirl Guest

I think that I almost close to peeing my pants.

I applied for the discover platinum card online. I received a letter stating that I was decline :( I called the applications line to see if i could plee my case and get approved. They checked trans union for me. The reason for denial was, "signifficantly obligated."--because i have student loans not in repayment.

The woman I spoke with said that If im a student, i would have better luck with the discover student card...more leaner credit terms.

So, out of faith, i went online and applied for the discover student card. I didnt hear anything back from them. So, today...i called the applications line again and asked for the status of the application. The lady said that THERE IS AN ACCOUNT THAT WAS SET UP FOR YOU.

So, my heart jumped and she transfered me to the customer service line.

I was told that YeS i did get approved for the Discover student card, limit 1000. The card was mailed on June 10th.

Im so happy. Next goal is Amex! One day i will prosfer and get it.

SO, now im credit-over-my head with:

Capital one gold 2700 limit
    Providian classic 200 limit
    GM card 1500 limit
    Household card 1500 limit
    citi platinum drivers edge 2500 limit
    citi platinum click 1000 limit
    citi dividend platinum 900 limit
    Spiegal Charge 400 limit
    friedmans jewelers charge 500 limt
    discover 1000 limit
    ny and company fashion 250.00 limit

Any suggestions on how I could cut down, ive been thinking of combining some accounts. And possibly closing some accounts.

psugirl

2. Erica

Erica Well-Known Member

PSUGirl,

This may come off the wrong way, but, haven't you been saying that you have too much credit for a couple of months now? I mean, you keep saying that, but yet you still are applying for new credit. I just don't understand what exactly your goals are. I understand how credit driven the world is these days, but being a student myself, I think that by having that much credit could eventually harm you. I don't know what you are going to school for, but in most cases when you are just out of school and you apply for a job that pays over a certain amount, they look at your credit history. All of it.

My suggestions are to combile like accounts. By this I mean, all of your Citi accounts, make them one. Etcetera. And stop applying for new credit.

I hope that my saying this didn't offend you. I'm only trying to give my opinion.

Good luck!

:)

3. PSUgirl

PSUgirl Guest

NO new inquires where generated, discover used the trans union file that they had on file for me.

The:
    3 citi bank cards
    discover
    and Ny and company card

were all done using previous inquires. What i did was, instead of applying again. i went through all my inquires on my trans union from past 6 months and contacted the crediter to see if i could reconsidered for the card. all i had to do was send them an updated copy of my file and they approved me.

NO NEW INQUIRES

Im sorry to say, I know EXACTLY what i am doing and what my goals are regarding my credit and my life.

The information that is shared by me on this board is very shallow and unfortunately, or fortunately you dont hear about the behind the sceen stuff.

If you are so interested in my posts and dont understand something, or have questions....feel free to ask, i will be happy to correct you!

as for having a job after i graduate (december 2002). already been there done that (MBNA America Bank). No one in college should wait until AFTER they graduate to find a job. Youll be last in line!

psugirl

4. Erica

Erica Well-Known Member

I didn't mean to offend you, but you asked for advice. I thought I gave that to you.

As far as your posting goes, if you want to post in a shallow manner, then you will get shallow responses. Isn't there a saying that says ask a stupid question you get a stupid answer?

At any rate, you can do what you want, you are probably going to anyways.

Like I said before, Good Luck.

:)

5. PSUgirl

PSUgirl Guest

Your right!

but, Ive never asked a stupid questions and if you think so, then.....(your problem)

but anyway, I think that the information that i have given on this board has been quite effective, at least it was for me.

Anyone can take my information and do with it as they like. That is what it is there for!

My posts are shallow, not because im waiting for shallow responses, but becasue im usually doing 5 other things and i dont have time to sit around posting long messages.

I figure, why not get to the point. Any questions can be answered later.

Dont worry about you offending me, im not offended easily....

Your original post was better left un posted....who cares if i think and have been saying that im over my head in credit. Its not the amount of credit cards that im trying to get, its the higher limits. And, i keep getting these low limit cards....im waiting for some months to pass to combine some of them. Its the waiting thats making me think im over my head. I look at my credit and see eleven credit cards but, i know that down the road once i combine the amount of cards that i have will decrease.

o, and thanks for the advice!
    psugirl

6. Erica

Erica Well-Known Member

Like I originally said, this may come off the wrong way...

I didn't mean to imply that you didn't know what you were doing, I meant kind of the opposite. The way I see it, you could combine your 3 citi cards and have one card with a pretty decent limit. I could only dream of having that much credit, but I'm happy where I am now. The rest will come in due time.

I hope everything turns out ok for you. No hard feelings?

7. PSUgirl

PSUgirl Guest

Of course not

Dont worry about it, no biggy

psugirl

8. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

Hmmm, I now realize why I avoid your posts!!

9. Shantel

Shantel Well-Known Member

LOL Mom!

10. PSUgirl

PSUgirl Guest

Really, Dont flater yourself...you sure dont look like your avoiding my posts to me!

Im sure i would be missing out any anything you have to say.

But, thanks anyway :)

psugirl

11. Doug

Doug Well-Known Member

Here's Mine:

12. SisterGirl

SisterGirl Well-Known Member

Momof3 & Erica,

Why waste your breath on something that has no more worth than one draw of breath ?

If she feels as though her job will "last forever",let that be her fantasy.

We will AGAIN find her where she was when she found this site based on where she was when her story hit here originally(believe me,student loans don't bull$hit & we will hear from her again...perhaps under an assumed name).

Viva la Roni !!!!!!

Sister Girl

13. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

You crack me up Sister Girl, but right on the money as usual:)

14. PSUgirl

PSUgirl Guest

You have some nerve to even say anything that your saying.

You no nothing about me, and therefore dont know what type of credit situation im coming from or were im going with it. DO NOT try to compare me to you, that would be insulting!.

If your jobless, too bad. If you diffulted on your school loans, no one put a gun to your head and made you not pay your bills.

Ive never had very bad credit and the credit that i had that went bad i catched myself early and took care of it. I learned how to develop good financial skills and have learned alot throughout the years. Theres still lots of time left for more improvement.

Ive learned how to pay my bills ontime. Unlike other people i wouldnt go to college and rack up loans that I didnt think that i would be able to pay back. I have a great job that also pays my way through school (yes, mbna does reimburse my tuition more than what i pay)

You may not be able to hold a job, but i can and will. and as for your post, i sure do think that its pathetic that someone has to bable on to show thier insecurities on a CREDIT board, how pathetic.

When i started on this board in march it took me one month to get out of the dirt that i dug myself in, and i have had nothing but success ever since then. I enjoy sharing my success and stategies with others on this board, thats what its for. I enjoy reading peoples posts that are relevant to anything in my life. I like to share what is going on in my credit world.

But, its really lame that others have to witness such people that come on here and ramble on about NOTHING that pertains to the topic.

Feel free to add me to your ignore list if i get to you that bad. What a shame! (ha!)

Its not worth my time to ramble on with some lady with 3 kids that sits on a credit board all day or someone, anyone else whom for that matter gets upset over typed words.... lamo!. I have school, work, a life to attend too!

Dont let anything i say effect you that bad, you face may turn red! Get your mind straight. and realize that you waisting space were someone with something valuable to say could be posting at!

pease, love and happy valley

PsuGirl

15. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

I'm sorry, but "lamo?"

16. Nave

Nave Well-Known Member

oll

17. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

Are lamo and oll characters on Sesame Street?

:>

18. Nave

Nave Well-Known Member

Kukla Fran and Ollie?

-Dave

PS I'm partial to Lambchop

19. LKH

LKH Well-Known Member

English 101!

20. curiouser

curiouser Well-Known Member

Wait a minute! You asked for advice. Erica attempted to give you some very reasonable and vaild advice. Granted, it may not have exactly pertained to your situation, but Erica took the time and effort to reply. In polite society, that warrants a "thank you."

As far as your claims that you are too busy with school, work and your life to argue with someone who sits at home with three kids. Let me tell you, staying home with those three kids is more work than many of us will ever have to do. I'm a college professor who also does a significant amount of volunteer work on credit-related issues. I also see students who work full-time, go to school full-time and maintain a social life. None of us, not me and not my students, work anywhere near as hard as my friends who are parents.

As far as the lessons you've learned and your experience, that's wonderful. You've learned a lot of the same lessons that many of this on this board have. You're not that unique. I'm not saying your contributions aren't useful, but your experiences haven't generated significantly greater wisdom than many of the good people who post here.

If you truly want advice, great; many members on this board are generous. Ask and say "thank you." But please, check the attitude at the door.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.