Discover

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Dani, Jan 26, 2001.

1. Dani

Dani Well-Known Member

Opened a Discover account six months ago. Received a fixed APR of 14.99%. How is Discover with lowering interest rates? The card has a balance of $400 and is in good standing. I hardly use it, should I just cancel it? I have only have two credit cards - Amex and Discover. Thanks for your help.

Dani

2. mt

mt Guest

It does not hurt to call and ask. There is a post a bit lower on the page where someone basically provided a pretty good template for dealing with retention. Say something about the cash back feature and how it is important to you, so you really do not want to cancel the card, however, the interest rate is not very competitive with the other card offers you have received, etc. etc.

3. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

DON'T BOTHER...they won't lower it.

F.Y.I. you have a better rate than I do, mine is 18.49%. I have had the card for over five years, spend $30,000-$50,000 per year.

They won't give me a reduction in the interest rate (don't really care I pay in full), won't increase the credit line with-out credit report and "application"...

:(

I would DUMP DISCOVERCARD and go to AMEX CASH BACK CARD if I could know approval with-out a credit report...

4. Sailor

Sailor Guest

What is a AMEX CASH BACK CARD

I am unfamiliar with AMEX except by reputation.

I sure don't want a Discover card if that is the way they treat customers. Thanks for letting us know.

5. Cadillac408

Cadillac408 Well-Known Member