Discovercard Final E-mail

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by GEORGE, Aug 31, 2001.

1. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

MY LETTER...

FROM YOUR RESPONSES, YOU HAVE ENOUGH $50,000++ PER YEAR
    CUSTOMERS
    THAT WE DON'T MATTER.

THE CARDS WILL STAY IN THE SOCK DRAWER TILL YOU BACK DOWN.

YOU SAID IN OTHER E-MAILS THAT IT IS A QUICK APPLICATION, BUT IT
    WOULD TAKE 12 SECONDS TO CHANGE THE CREDIT LIMIT TO $20,000.

IS LOSING $50,000++ WORTH IT, BECAUSE YOU THINK YOU MUST RUN A
    CREDIT REPORT?

AS I SAID BEFORE, WE PROBABLY WON'T SPEND $20,000 IN ONE MONTH,
    BUT WANT IT THERE IF WE DECIDE TO.

WE MUST PAY IN FULL EVERY MONTH...OTHERWISE THE CASH BACK
    WOULD
    BE EATEN ALL UP BY INTEREST!!!

FINAL CHANCE.

THEIR ANSWER...
    Dear XXXX X XXXXXXXX,

Thank you for your recent message. It seems that several previous representatives
    have reiterated the same information to you regarding our process for increasing your
    limit. I am not going to discuss the process for increasing your limit further.

If you have questions of a different nature, please contact me again.

Respectfully,

XXXXXXXX

I was going to tell them to close the account...BUT I WAS TOLD (by others on this board) TO KEEP IT TO HELP MY F.I.C.O. (balance to limit ratio)...

2. Dani

Dani Well-Known Member

George,

If I received a response like that I would cancel them. Screw the darn balance ratio score. I would tell them to shove the card up their arse.

Dani

3. Saar

Saar Banned

I agree w/ Dani.

Cancel it, and make sure you pay off the other accounts before the due date (except for leaving a small balance on ONE card). The next reporting cycle, try re-applying w/ Citi or Amex. Hopefully the low utilization shown would allow a couple of approvals.

Also, George, how many retail cards do you have?

Saar

4. sam

sam Well-Known Member

screw that bank. Rude customer service, and poor benefits. Sounds like nextcard george.

After reading that message, i doubt i'll ever do business with discover. They offer nothing that citi doesn't offer except a card thats not accepted everywhere :)

5. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

Oh, no, George, that response is outrageous. I would cancel it (I hate them anyway so I'm biased) and I would post at PFB again and the BBB!) That was horrible..and truly insulting..I'm so sorry!

6. Saar

Saar Banned

My sentiments exactly, NanaC :)

NEVER REVOLVE A BALANCE ON A DISCOVER CARD. They use 2-cycle billing, which can effectively double your finance charges. A few other companies employ this deceptive practice (First USA to name one).

Saar

7. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

Great minds think alike, huh, Saar? :::big grin:::

Hmm, or is that grate minds? great mines? grate mines?

8. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

RETAIL? ~~~SEARS & WAL*MART.

9. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    WE MUST PAY IN FULL EVERY MONTH...OTHERWISE THE CASH BACK
    WOULD
    BE EATEN ALL UP BY INTEREST!!!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

10. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

So, George, whatcha' gonna do? Whatcha' gonna do when their rude to you? Bad Card, Bad Card, whatcha' gonna do?

Like my Cops take-off? Anyway,what did you decide on these idiots?

11. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

MY PURCHASES YEAR ENDING 07/27/2002 IS $0.02

I will keep it that way for a month or two and see if they back down. If they refuse to back down, I guess I will DUMP it...

I have been HURT so much by my MISTAKES in getting rid of too many cards before!!!!

DEBT TO LIMIT RATIO...

I can't "PRE-PAY" everything so my balances reported to the CRA's are all $0.00...

12. G. Fisher

G. Fisher Banned

Before jumping to a conclusion, I'd like to see all the email, unedited.

13. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

THAT IS UNEDITED...
    EXCEPT MY FULL NAME AND THEIR FIRST NAME...(XXXXXXXXXXX)

14. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

Dear XXXX X XXXXXXXX,

Thank you for your recent message. It seems that several previous representatives
    have reiterated the same information to you regarding our process for increasing your
    limit. I am not going to discuss the process for increasing your limit further.

If you have questions of a different nature, please contact me again.

Respectfully,

XXXXXXXX

15. ble103

ble103 Well-Known Member

Hey george,

Discover does do a AR once a year to see if a person is qualified for an credit line increase if so they give around 2K or more.The reason for you george for not getting an increase with discover is because you are not revolving any balances with them.Creditors do raise credit limits to most people that carrys a balance,and establish a payment track record from balances with them.Creditors will not raise a credit limit too much unless they are making some money off of a persons account.By you having too much credit can't be the reason for them to decline your request for an credit line increase,and yes they do give automatic increases once a year if you qualify for it.

16. Maer

Maer Well-Known Member

Just my opinion....I wouldn't close the account. I would make those jerks pay me to use their card (ie...cashback). I'm sure they would LOVE for you to close your account. I wouldn't do it just to spite them for their attitude.

17. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

5 YEARS OF PERFECT PAYMENT HISTORY WITH ONE...YES ONE INCREASE OF $1,500!!!

PAYING INTEREST ON A CASH BACK CARD IS ILLOGICAL!!!

18. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

IF YOU SAW MY OTHER POSTS...~$50,000/YEAR
    NEVER LATE
    NEVER OVER LIMIT
    5 YEARS

MY BILL FOR MONTH ENDING 08/27/01 WAS $0.02...BUT THEY ATE THE CHARGE!!!!!!

I JUST GAVE THEM MY $0.02...AND THEY THREW IT BACK IN MY FACE!!!

MY F.I.C.O. WILL BE ADVERSELY AFFECTED IF I CLOSE THE ACCOUNT!!!

19. G. Fisher

G. Fisher Banned

How did the previous representatives reiterate the same information-- verbally?

20. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

E-MAIL PRIOR TO ONE IN RED...
    Dear XXXX X XXXXXXXX,

Thanks for your request to increase your credit limit. Although I am unable to assist
    you with this request via the Internet, an Account Manager would be happy to assist
    you further. Please call 1-800-DISCOVER (1-800-347-2683) to process a brief, limit
    increase application. A credit report will be evaluated at that time. You may contact
    us again in approximately 24 hours for the results of your application.

Thanks for your business. If I can be of any further assistance, please contact me
    again.

Best wishes,

XXXXXXXX
    Discover(R) Card Web Support