Dispute eqfx online-raise fico

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by sam, Apr 26, 2001.

1. sam

sam Well-Known Member

Damn straight. After i disputed all my negatives, my fico went from 565 to 606 after 2 weeks.

hmmm...

Spose you could dispute your high balance credit card accounts, and jack up your fico easily.

hmmm..

Thats a nice thing to know. Dispute, wait, apply..

2. Nave

Nave Well-Known Member

Re: Dispute eqfx online-raise

Interesting, we have been wondering whether your score jumps when the disputed items are "pulled" from the FICO scoring algorithm. This is the second time I have read this happening in the last couple weeks...I guess now with online disputing and instant scoring you can get a temporary advantage. Thanks for the info Sam.

-Dave

3. Jim

Jim Well-Known Member

To sam and nave

sam. You are confirming what I suspected about the FICO score. Thanks for the info. I would be afraid to dispute an accurate credit card balance for fear that the CRA might delete it altogether. Like Saar had happen with Cap One.

nave- hope to chat on Sunday with the other credit Cnots. LOL

4. BluVegas

BluVegas Guest

Re: To sam and nave

I don't thinkthis is true. Mine went from 593 on March 19th to 650 April 8th. I too disputed some accounts, but I also got a $1000 credit increse during that time frame and I paid some cards down.

If you look at the reason code, the disputed items are still part of your reason codes, so they are calculated. Otherwise if you dispute, you could go from 5?? to 7?? . See what I mean.

BTW...I checked mine again last night and it actually dropped to 635. I think because I have had 3 inquiries since March and spent some on my credit limit.

Anyways I'm waiting on letters from agencies since I signed up with Junum on March 25th.

SweatingNVegas