Dispute Help!!

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by zwondim, Aug 6, 2003.

1. zwondim

zwondim Member

First off, thank you everyone for all of the great support and information I have gotten from reading in this forum. over the last two years.

My wife and I are trying to clean up our credit as best we can prior to applying for pre-qualification on mortgages. I just did one round of disputes on-line with all of the big three. All of them were reporting inaccurate info that cannot be verified....HOWEVER I just noticed a couple of additional (one big) mistake on my report.

Question : Can I also write a letter of dispute to the CB's? Even though I already disputed on-line?

Thanks in advance for any help.

2. dalaggie

dalaggie Well-Known Member

They may use the letter as an excuse to get additional time in which to verify the item. It would probably be best to do one or the other. I think (of course, this is only my opinion) the best course is to dispute online, and if they verify, follow up with a letter asking them to explain their verification processes.

3. BrettS

BrettS Well-Known Member

You can dispute however you want whenever you want. My reports are getting pretty close to clean, but back when I had a number of things to dispute I had several disputes going at once... some were started online, some by mail, some by fax, and some by phone. Because I'm looking for a mortgage and I wanted to clean up my report as soon as possible I took some risks and disputed a lot of things at once (in one case I disputed 7 out of 7 negative TL's at once with TU). I think if you do something that you're much more likely to be called frivilous (although I never got that letter). In my experience with all three CRA's, if you have one investigation going and then start another they'll each have their own completion date and they'll remain seperate.

HTH,
    Brett