Dispute Letters

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by penguin, Apr 28, 2001.

1. penguin

penguin Well-Known Member

I was wondering if anyone would like to post one of their successful dispute letters to CRA? Mine don't seem to be very effective! I know there's no magic formula, but I would just like to see the different variations of what people have used and gotten results. Thanks!

2. lbrown59

lbrown59 Well-Known Member

================== Do 2 searchs :1one validation & 1 on lizzard king:

you should come up with several letters.

3. Pat

Pat Well-Known Member

Penguin,
    This next post has a letter I've used 3 times with each CRA. It's a nicer variation of a nastier one I'll post when I find. It has gotten me a response every time, although, some have come back verified.
    Pat

4. Pat

Pat Well-Known Member

CBC Credit Services
    PO Box 30877
    Middleburg Heights, Ohio 44130
    Attn: Consumer Relations

February 15, 2001

RE: Complaint Letter to Delete Inaccurate Information

I formally request that the following inaccurate items be immediately investigated. They must be removed in order to show my true credit history, as these items are inaccurate, and should not be on my report. My identification and personal information is enclosed.

1) My Bank ---- Acct# 123456789 - NOT MY ACCOUNT REMOVE
    2) My Bank NA - Acct# 987654321 - NOT MY ACCOUNT REMOVE

Please notify me when the items have been deleted. You may send an updated copy of my credit report to the below address. Also, please send me names and addresses of individuals you contacted so I may follow up.

Sincerely,

Your Name
    Address
    City, State and Zip
    SS# 999-99-9999 BORN 1-01-19??

5. Pat

Pat Well-Known Member

Penguin,
    This next one is from the yahoo credit-repair group and is the template I made mine from.
    pat

6. Pat

Pat Well-Known Member

Your Name
    123 Your Street Address
    Your City, ST 01234

Big Credit Bureau
    Their Street Address
    Some City, ST 56789

2/10/1999

Dear Credit Bureau,

This letter is a formal complaint that you are reporting inaccurate and incomplete credit information.

I am distressed that you have included the below information in my credit profile and have failed to maintain reasonable procedures in your operations to assure maximum possible accuracy in the credit reports you publish.

Credit reporting laws ensure that bureaus report only 100% accurate credit information. Every step must be taken to assure the information reported is completely accurate and correct.

The following information therefore needs to be re-investigated. I respectfully request to be provided proof of this alleged item, specifically the contract, note or other instrument bearing my signature. Failing that, the item must be deleted from the report as soon as possible:

CREDITOR AGENCY, acct. 123-34567-ABC

The listed item is completely inaccurate and incomplete, and is a very serious error in reporting. Please delete this misleading information, and supply a corrected credit profile to all creditors who have received a copy within the last 6 months, or the last 2 years for employment purposes.

Additionally, please provide the name, address, and telephone number of each credit grantor or other subscriber.

Under federal law, you have 30 days to complete your re-investigation. Be advised that the description of the procedure used to determine the accuracy and completeness of the information is hereby requested as well, to be provided within 15 days of the completion of your re-investigation.

Sincerely,

your signature

Your Name
    SSN# 123-45-6789

7. penguin

Thanks for posting the dispute letters! I actually used a variation of the second one, but the process has been slow. Maybe it's all about the luck of the draw!

8. Pat

Pat Well-Known Member

I don't want to jinx myself, but I probably will :)
    I've disputed 3 rounds (2 items at a time) with all 3 CRA's. Not registered or certified, just a stamp. They all have their different games they play to extend the 30 days, but at least they have all responded. My last round came back verified and one that was removed in the first round was verified after, so it was re-inserted. I feel lucky compared to some of the nightmares you hear around here. But I learned one thing. It takes time, patience and persistance. I figure I'll be doing this for at least the rest of this year and part of next (already been at it 5mos). I guess I learned 2 things, now I pay my bills like a champ :)
    pat

9. penguin

I hear ya'! I do get discouraged from time to time, but I tell myself that it's better than doing nothing at all! I feel bad about being young and stupid with my money, but I now I know I'll never do it again and pay my bills on time too! Good luck to you and share with us your success stories--they're always great to read! :)

10. bbauer

bbauer Banned

I wonder why it is that people want to keep on losing the game when winning it can be so easy?

I think that it may be attributable to the fact that the collection agencies have always won. Do you think that's what it is? That they are conditioned to losing by the winners?

It kinda reminds me about the cartoon depicting a war about to get underway back in the 9th or 10th century. The enemy is coming over the hill and the spears are starting to fly.
    Inside the King's tent they are girding him for battle and one of his magicians opens the back door to the tent and sitting out there is a salesman with a tripod mounted .30 cal. machine gun with an ammo belt already in the gun. The King is saying "I got no time for no silly machinegun salesman, I got a war to fight."

Actually getting an answer to your validation letter is just about the last thing in the world you ever want to get anyway! What are you going to do with it if you ever get an answer to your validation letter? Pray tell me that! What are you going to do with your answer if you ever get one?

Suggested uses
    1. Wipe oil while checking dipstick on pickup.

2. Bird cage liner

3. Toilet paper

Now don't get me wrong. The validation letter and it's wording is extremely important.Get it right and it becomes a valuable tool. Get it wrong and it may get you hurt.
    But actually getting an answer to your validation letter to a collection agency is just about the last thing you ever want to see.

Getting the right answer to your validation letter to a Credit Bureau is what you are after and have at best a 40% chance (approximately) of getting the desired answer to. You just about have to beat it out of them the other 60% of the time.

With an original creditor, you may or may not want to use a validation letter at all. The circumstances vary so widely that each is a totally different deal and must be treated that way.

IRS tax liens are a totally different situation too. Those can be beaten too if you go at it right, but you better know what you are doing or you just might end up on the inside looking out for a while.

The whole thing is about like a chess game, and the validation letter is just one of the pawns, nothing more.

It's mighty tough to win a chess game with nothing more than a King and a pawn. It can be done, it has been done before and it will be done again, but just about the only conditions under which it can be done is under the following conditions.

1. The other guy never knew how to respond properly to some move or moves and got decimated.

2. Two experts finally battled it down to where one of them only had a King left so he tried to fight it down to a draw and lost that too.

3. It was an exhibition game just to show it could be done and there were never more than two kings and a pawn in the first place.

#1 is the about the only answer you are interested in.and you sure don't want to be the loser.in this Chess Game.

bill bauer
    bbauer1@netzero.net