dispute multiple accounts 1 letter?

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by SK, Jun 27, 2002.

1. SK

SK Well-Known Member

I have two accounts from Discover on all 3 reports. 1 is definately not mine (and is an AU account), and I suspect will be removed with little effort by me. The other is more questionable. If I'm going to dispute as 'not-mine' on both of these accounts, should I do it in 1 letter or 2?

Also, most not-mine example letters I see make some kind of demand for a signature. Is this an appropriate demand to make of the CRAs? Or, should this kind of demand wait for subsequent dispute letters sent to the oc after/if the oc provides verification? I doubt the CRAs will really bother trying to get my signature.

2. SK

SK Well-Known Member

Re: dispute multiple accounts 1 let

<bump>

3. Nave

Nave Well-Known Member

Re: dispute multiple accounts 1 let

1 letter to each CRA is fine.

Online disputes are good too, just print screens to keep a record.

You demand a signature from the validation letter to the CA or OC, not the dispute letters to the CRA. Simply say "not mine", "never had it".

-Peace, Dave

4. mindcrime2

mindcrime2 Well-Known Member

As far as the AU account, it might just be quicker to have the primary account holder (person who initially mdae you an AU on their account) contact Discover and advise them they no longer want you on their account and to remove you.

If you decide to not go this route, disputing both accounts at the same time through each CRA would be just fine to do.

The "demand for signature" is to the OC, or CA, not a CRA. CRA's cannot produce that type of information. As far as disputing, keep it simple the first time. If you're going to dispute the AU account, just dispute it as such. i.e. "not mine" or "never authorized this account". As far as the other account goes, not sure of the circumstances surrounding the account, however a not-mine just might do the trick the first time around.