Dispute now?

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Himmel, Mar 25, 2001.

1. Himmel

Himmel Guest

I have 3 negatives on my reports:

:paid repo- 9/98 (shows slow pay in TU)
    :paid collection ($120 medical bill, placed 3/97,
    paid 3/00)
    :& $3400 unpaid collection (computer school bill
    which i do not agree on the debt. date last activity
    7/96. Does not appear in TU).

Does anyone know how successful Junum is at removing reposessions? The item is accurate but I want it removed anyway. Think I have suffered its consequences long enuff!

Also, since I never agreed to the unpaid debt and the SOL will be up in July, should I tamper with this account? And can the coll agency or the original creditor re-age this account after the SOL (5yrs in Kansas) has passed?

Thanks! :)

2. LKH

LKH Well-Known Member

I had a repo in 1995 when my troubles began. I signed up with Junum last month and they had the repo removed on the first attempt.(from TU, haven't received the others yet)

3. Himmel

Himmel Guest

That's a good sign LKH. Mine's more recent, back in September of 98. Then again, that seemed like a lifetime ago to me.

lizardking, I want to join Junum now, but I don't want them to touch that unpaid $3400. before the SOL. I have the equifax report and am waiting for the others. Thought I'd wait 'til they get here b4 I sign up. I'll send a letter requesting that account not be disputed until July.

Thanks y'all.

4. LKH

LKH Well-Known Member

Himmel

go ahead and sign up with Junum now. The sooner you sign up the sooner you see positive results. As far as what they dispute I would leave it up to them, but.... if there is something that you don't want them to dispute, just enclose a letter with your reports when you send them.