dispute questions

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Laura, Jan 20, 2001.

1. Laura

Laura Guest

Do I dispute everything at one time? Or do you do it in rounds? Someone give me a site with more information about this if you know of one. Thanks

2. Alwilda Sm

Alwilda Sm Guest

Here's one of several good ones:

http://www.primenet.com/~kielsky/credit

-Alwilda Smith

3. molly

molly Well-Known Member

I usually dispute 2 items. There are plenty of books you can buy that will explain the process. Use your gut instinct, dispute what you feel is appropriate with your situation. YOu can also get the books online for free. I don't know the details. And then there is Carreon and Associates Website. I'm not sure if I spelled that right. Do a search on this board and you will get more answers.

4. roni

roni Well-Known Member

No More Than 4

I have never disputed more than 4 at a time. But, when I have used online Equifax dispute, I did actually go over that #. But it still worked. These were for student loans which are the same co. x11. so technically I did more than 4 disputes. The steps are pretty easy.

1.) Pick a reason for each dispute

2.) Send it certified mail, return receipt requested.

3.) Mark it on your calendar

You can use the form letter from my "Guaranteed Credit" book.

FORM 1

Date:

Name of Credit Bureau
    Address of Credit Bureau
    City, State, Zip

To Whom It May Concern:

My credit report lists the following accounts as reflecting late payments. These accounts are in error because they were paid on time. Please investigate the following accounts and update my credit report to accurately reflect my credit history. Pursuant to the Fair Credit Reporting Act, I will expect you to complete the verification within 30 days.

1)

2)

3)

4)

I would appreciate your sending me an updated copy of my file as soon as you have completed the investigation.

Sincerely,

Signature.

Your Name
    Address
    SS#
    Date of Birth

Or

FORM 2

Date:

Name of Credit Bureau
    Address of Credit Bureau
    City,State,Zip

To Whom It May Concern:

I formally request that the following inaccurate items be immediately investigated. They must be removed to show my true credit history, as these items should not be on my report.

Company Name Account # Comments

Please send me my updated report as soon as your investigation is completed.

Sincerely,

signature

Your Name
    address
    SS#
    Date of Birth.

DO NOT COPY THESE LETTERS VERBATIM. REFORMATE THEM AND PUT THEM IN YOUR OWN WORDS. IE TRY NOT TO SOUND LIKE A FORM LETTER.

ALSO, YOU MUST PUT A REASON FOR THE DISPUTE IN FORM 2. REASONS SHOULD BE LIMITED TO
    1) NEVER LATE
    2) NOT MY ACCOUNT
    3) INACCURATE DATES (AND DONT SUPPLY DATES)
    4) INACCURATE BALANCES
    5) ACCURATE PAYMENT HISTORY
    ETC.ETC.ETC.

roni

5. molly

molly Well-Known Member

I posted a respose to your post down below. I hope it gives you some ideas.

Laura, you should look at qualitycreditrepair.com they also have a board and it deals with repair a little more. Thats where I started learning what to say and not say for my disputes. I also bought two books about 2 years before I actually started cleaning up my credit. I didn't think it would really work so they sat in my closet all that time. There are lots of resources available to everyone. Take time writing your letters.
    This is the system I am using currently:
    * anaylyse reports
    * write dispute letters on Monday
    * reread the letters on Friday night and make changes where needed.
    *print and prepare for mailing ( I have my own postal supplies here, it saves time)
    *Saturday mail letters
    *Monday-consider what ifs (what will I dispute next if this is deleted or what will I write if its not deleted and then what else can I do in the meantime (like contact the company that held the loan)
    Friday- draft up what if letters and what else letters if necessary
    Saturday- mail company letters if necessary

By this time two weeks have passed by. You shoudl of received the green cards back as proof. I will begin looking for the results in the mail. Make note of what Roni said, write down the dates on the calander. My last two disputes through the mail only took two weeks. I have 6 remaining items (combined) on my reports and I have some type of letter or dispute out on all of them. OF course three are the same item, its just listed once on all three reports.

My Equifax disputes are not on the same schedule as Trans and Experian because the online disputes were much quicker. You will save trips to the Post office if you keep them on the same schedule but I am in a hurry. FYI-I have been to the post office every Saturday since the week before Christmas. I wanted to get as much done before I start back to school on the 29th. I hope this helps.