Dispute W/out Credit Report

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by dm4x, Sep 28, 2001.

1. dm4x

dm4x Active Member

Can one send a dispute Letter w/out a copy of a credit report to accompany the letter?
    Just wondering!

2. roni

roni Well-Known Member

Not really. They want the report number (Eqf/Exp) or the file number (TU) in addition to your ss#.

3. sam

sam Well-Known Member

you do not need to provide a copy of the report to the creditor. Its easier to dispute online, imo.

4. roni

roni Well-Known Member

do you have to deliver the copy of the report with an investigation? No... But you will have to have the report/file number to start one even if online... just like you can not talk to a human being if you call without it....

5. MikeB

MikeB Banned

Yip, Bkev is right concerning having to have the numbers to dispute online.
    I ordered an online Equifax report w/score and didn't get a number on it, so I can't dispute online with it....bah!

6. Jeff

Jeff Guest

MikeB

The confirmation number is on the last page of your online Equifax report. Mine is printed in yellow under Request an Investigation. This is the number you need.

7. roni

roni Well-Known Member

Jeff is right... Check the bottom of EQF online reports for the scores...

8. lbrown59

lbrown59 Well-Known Member

I have disputed with a cra with out getting a report first.

9. MikeB

MikeB Banned

YOU'RE WRONG!!!! Hehe.
    Unfortunately, the last page of my report says to contact CSC Services to dispute, so this must be why I don't have a number. I think it is crap that I can't dispute straight with Equifax.

10. roni

roni Well-Known Member

You don't have a report number???? Not a telephone contact number.....

Too bad you have to use a local....

11. MikeB

MikeB Banned

Yip, it tells me to call CSC to dispute. Sucks....

12. Jeff

Jeff Guest

MikeB

You may need to call to dispute however I am sure there is a report/confirmation number on your report.

13. MikeB

MikeB Banned

And I am sure there is not.....

14. Quixote

Quixote Well-Known Member

I sent them each a letter telling them I wanted to correct my employment and dwelling info, which I was certain was out of date. Voila, a few weeks later I had a current copy of each of my CR's and away I went. Never sent anybody a dime and didn't have to get turned down for credit to get a freebie.

15. Jeff

Jeff Guest

You are telling us that Equifax issues reports without any identifying numbers?

They have to be able to identify the report they generated in some way.

Has anyone else ever seen an Equifax report without a report/confirmation number?

16. MikeB

MikeB Banned

The identifying number that I get is called a transaction number which is emailed to me. It is a 21 digit number. Just like your report doesn't have "dispute with CSC Services", my report DOES NOT have a confirmation number. Geez.

17. CASPER72

CASPER72 Well-Known Member

Jeff

I didnt have any numbers on my equifax credit report. All it told me was that I had to contact CSC in houston.

Casper72

18. Jeff

Jeff Guest

Thanks Mike. Just curious, not trying to hassle ya. Have a good one.

19. Jeff

Jeff Guest

Interesting. Thanks.

20. MikeB

MikeB Banned

No problem. You are just trying to use logic when discussing CRA activities. "Logic" is not in their vocabulary.