Dispute W/out Credit Report

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by dm4x, Sep 28, 2001.

1. Jeff

Jeff Guest

You're right. LOL

2. roni

roni Well-Known Member

I am confused. The original question was can I SEND IN A DISPUTE LETTER. That sound likes this person is considering disputing via US Mail. To answer that question. no you dont know have to send in a copy of your reports to dispute.

In fact, I advise against it. You only have to list the creditor and what is wrong with the item. If you have been successful with deletions and you send in a report with the info on it you may risk the cb sticking you with reinserting the item. Is that fair. No, but you must be smart in credit repair.

Of course online disputes is a different story. You need a credit report file number to do that. That's easy enough. Just pull your report and dispute right then. There is little waiting involved. AND you would need your report file number when you try to CALL the credit bureau about any investigation.

However, I definitely think EVERYONE should have copies of their reports and KEEP THEM. I had an item reinserted AND reaged by Experian. Because I still had my reports from 12 months ago, I had the item removed with little trouble. I send the credit bureau a copy of that report (1 page only). ANd I whited out all items that I had changed on that page since then......lol.

Good LUck disputing.

3. LKH

LKH Well-Known Member

Roni, are you saying that something you had deleted, was reinserted later? Did they notify you of this? I ask, because part of my lawsuit against Credit Data Southwest (experian) is because 2 collections from the same ca were deleted, then reinserted without notifying me. I have the reports to prove it.

4. roni

roni Well-Known Member

yes. experian does this all the time. Experian reinserted this item twice actually without notifiying me. But the 2nd time the item was obsolete(outdated). So, i disputed but the dates were wrong. So i had to change the dates with my old reporting proving it had been reaged. Yes they do this.

And equifax did this with my student loans a year ago. They removed them and reinserted them with out telling me.

I think only TU told me about a deletion and reinserting and that was with the Tax lien when they send me a letter saying that it had been verified. Well that item is gone now anyway b/c i disputed it again.

I dont sue like you LKH. I just dispute, dispute strategically. I had a house to buy and couldnt wait.

5. LKH

LKH Well-Known Member

I'm not quite sure what exactly you mean by the above statement, but, I tried disputing, I went to the supervisors, I went to the manager, nothing was being done even when they admitted to me that my report was in error but "that's what the creditor says". That is why I filed a lawsuit. I had no choice if I want to get my report corrected. I didn't feel like waiting another 2 years for every incorrect item to fall off.

6. roni

roni Well-Known Member

what i meant by that statment was that I had my FCRA rights violated over and over and i felt like suing the agencies and my lenders but i didnt have it in me. That is all i meant. I believe that i was lucky and i know that everyone situation is different.

7. LKH

LKH Well-Known Member

You must have been lucky. I have gone around and around with the manager at credit data and got nowhere. At one point, I was told to fax him copies of letters from a ca that showed gulf states didn't own the account or wasn't handling the account. I did. Then I get the "creditor says correct" bs. and he wouldn't delete it. And I had proof. It's pure BS.