Disputed 3 times in 3 months w

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by river, Feb 1, 2001.

1. river

river Well-Known Member

these are the results: EQUIFAX:Deleted 1 BK,1 judgement and 4 collections. TRANSUNION:Deleted 1 BK,1 judgement and 2 collections.EXPERIAN:1 BK,1 judgement and 1 collections.I really can't complain,but found Experian to be the toughest, Equifax to be the easiest and Transunion to be the least accurate of all three. There really isn't much more I can dispute at this time.So I will sit back and add to my already 3 positive cc's and 1 gas card.

2. roni

roni Well-Known Member

RE: Disputed 3 times in 3 mont

Well congratulations. I would say you have done great for now. Break out the bottle of bubbly...

roni

3. gregb

gregb Guest

Any secret to getting the judgements off? Did the court just fail to respond? Were they already paid? How old were they?
    Thanks

4. Cindy

Cindy Well-Known Member

Congratulations! That's great!!!

Now, about those judgements... please do share how you went about getting them off...did you dispute the judgements more than once?...I am waiting anxiously for the disputes I sent last month to arrive; I disputed a judgement on all 3 CRAs. That doggone thing seems to be the main roadblock to my getting out of subprime hell.

Cheers,
    Cindy

5. Killer

Killer Guest

Congrats River!

Now are you going to try AMEX checking again?

6. John Shimm

John Shimm Guest

FYI: I read somewhere, a long time ago, that most of the time, judgements will be removed upon dispute - they rarely investigate them.

I had three judgements, in several different variations, on all three histories. I disputed them at all three CRA's and within a month EVERYTHING was gone - and ALL of them were UNPAID.

As always, YMMV.

7. Himmel

Himmel Guest

TO: John Shimmer

John,

Could I ask you what was the reason you used for your dispute on those judgements?

Oddly enough, the judgement against me for going to court disputing a medical bill where the insurance company refused to pay on a technicality arguing that i did not get a referral on in on time, only shows up on my TransUnion report.

I'll be checking for your response.

Himmel :)

8. John Shimm

John Shimm Guest

RE: TO: John Shimmer

In a nutshell, I said "I have no idea why these judgements are on my history. I have never heard of [insert creditor here] company before, nor have I ever dealt with them. Please remove this inaccurate information immediately."

That was it. Nothing fancy. I just said "ain't mine" and that's it. Don't know why, but they just deleted them. All THREE CRA's got rid of them.

9. river

river Well-Known Member

grgb,they were from 1997 and unpaid.I just used the standard line: not mine. Same with collections-unpaid-chargeoff=not mine.I think it was easier to do after I disputed 5 different addresses and 3 different names.All addresses had right street but wrong street #=upstairs-downstairs and never had any stairs.Had three different names similar to mine-just misspelled.One report even had my significant other(same sex) as my spouse.OOPS!!!!!Hope he doesn't catch that one.Aren't I a tease?WE had a big laugh on that on.No one else would regonize us as a couple,but Experian.I guess it was the census lady that was going around neighborhhood is where they got that from,so,be careful.Best way to get rid of door to door solicitors that r hell bent 2 sell u something-just flirt and wink and invite them in,zap-gone.No more worries. Same when u get new credit card,magazine folks call repeatedly,pressing u 2 buy mags"Ow,you sound hot dude,whatsyou stats? CLICK-no more calls-ever again.Use it to your advantage even if your not. It works.

10. Sister Gir

Sister Gir Guest

River,

You so CRAZY !!!(I wish I could send you a recording of how hard I's laughing).

Peace,
    Sister Girl

11. Himmel

Himmel Guest

RE: TO: John Shimmer

Thanx guy, I'll dispute it w/ TransUnion in a few months.