Disputed date of delinquency. Send CA copies of bills?

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Gai-jin, Nov 5, 2008.

1. Gai-jin

Gai-jin Well-Known Member

I have copies of every bill from the date of first delinquency on a debt. The date of first delinquency is now more than 7 years ago. I sent copies of the bills to experian as proof of the date, but they claim to only accept proof in the form of a written letter from the CA or OC. (I argued that the bills are written communication from the OC, but they still say they can't be accepted.)

I've disputed with the CA (AFNI) previously, and they sent a verification letter back to me. In that initial contact I had sent a generic validation letter, not something specifically disputing the date. At this point, the CA says they've verified the debt with the OC and the OC confirms the date should be 2003, not 2001.

Should I send copies of all the bills to the CA as proof of the date of first delinquency? They gave me a fax number to send to, so it won't really cost anything, and I don't mind sending them all 200+ pages if it's going to help my case, I just don't want to send anything that will hurt me in the long run.

Thanks!

2. mavrik2747

mavrik2747 Well-Known Member

Dont just send a generic dispute, dispute the exact date. sounds like you already have them on several violations and might need to sue.

3. ccbob

ccbob Well-Known Member

Just a guess, but I'd imagine that all your correspondence is being handled by computer so expecting anything more than a computerized response is probably wasted effort.

From my limited experience with CAs they seem to have two departments: collectors who just make phone calls as they pop up on their computer screen and who's only goal is to take money from your pocket and put it into their pocket and the legal dept who personally handle law suits. The big difference is that the legal department's job is to make the law suits go away as quickly as possible so you have that working to your advantage.

If you want to get your letter read by a human (in this country), you need to file suit otherwise, the computer will be happy to keep sending you form letters.

4. Gai-jin

Gai-jin Well-Known Member

I'd really prefer not to sue, I just want this off the record, but I may have to go that route, if it comes down to it.

5. cap1sucks

cap1sucks Well-Known Member

As CCBOB has pointed out, you are not dealing with reasonable human beings. They will probably just ignore what you send them and keep on pushing. They already told you they would only accept information from the creditor. That should be enough to tell you not to bother sending them anything except maybe a summons.