Disputed Items

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by monicagee, Oct 28, 2001.

1. monicagee

monicagee Well-Known Member

Hello All!

I have some items that are currently in dispute with the CRA. If I applied for a credit card at this time would the CC company be able to pull the items that are in dispute and how would this affect an approval or denial?

Thanks for any help on this one :)

2. roni

roni Well-Known Member

'ello Monica... If you applied for any credit now, the accounts would show up on any report the creditor pulls... It will have a tag of "consumer disputes", "investigation in process" or something similar.

Many online approvals for credit cards are done automatically if your credit score is above a certain standard. Accounts under investigation do not play into any FICO scoring system.... They do not hurt you and they do not help you- it simplys ignores the list all-together.

Hope this helps!

3. monicagee

monicagee Well-Known Member

Thanks Bkev! ;-)

I applied for a Citibank AA card online and received online approval. I also received a letter that they where unable to verified my hm #and to send a copy of phone bill. Spoke with someone in the approval dept and she told me to fax the phone bill on Monday. I hope the approval goes thru.

4. roni

roni Well-Known Member

It will. I got the same thing because I have an unlisted telephone number.

5. OtherTerri

OtherTerri Well-Known Member

Bkev - If the accounts don't "play into any FICO scoring system" doesn't that raise your score, rather than not hurting/helping?

6. hth316

hth316 Member

I was approved for a Citibank Platinum MC w/ $10k limit w/ a 625 Eq. This was during the time when I heard this board mentioning that they were giving those accs away.

I do recall a few items in dispute so I'm quite sure that's what made the difference on my approval.

Good Luck,
    hth

7. author_22

author_22 Well-Known Member

In my experience, disputing HAS raised my FICO according to Equifax Score Power.

Before I disputed five items in the beginning, my score was 534.

One day after the dispute, it was 608.

Now it is naturally 636 but if I disputed I would expect to get close to 700 (I now have some deletions)

8. roni

roni Well-Known Member

It assumes the information will be deleted.... Disputing does not give you the credit if the tradeline was reporting current, never late, paid in full or use the credit limit to improve your ratios--- therefore it does not "help" your score....

It also does not hurt your score because it ignores the negative information that is reporting....

That help?