disputed old tradeline with Equifax

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by shawbee, Aug 16, 2003.

1. jlynn

jlynn Well-Known Member

You need to know the date of the first time you became delinquent AND never caught up.

What are they reporting as your date of last activity?

2. shawbee

shawbee Well-Known Member

I believe as best I can remember I tried to pay what I could for the year of 1996 but when I realized that I had paid a certain amount and was 700 further behind, that was with no new charges, I gave up and just let it go. I know it was in collections awhile. They were awful. Then when they finally came up with a settlement we thought we could manage and they also said they would report it, as paid in full. I have the letter. I just don't have all the account info from way back then

3. shawbee

I reread the post. The are saying the date of last activity is 01/1998.

4. jlynn

jlynn Well-Known Member

Ok, you've started a new dispute, ride it out and see what happens.

Do you keep good records? Maybe you have the information and can see when the last payment was made before you quit paying completely. Crap One may have illegally reaged your account.

May be necessary to put the nutcase series to work...

5. shawbee

You will not believe what just happened.!!!! I got home and there was an email message from Mr Cooke asking me to call tomorrow because of the letter I posted at PFB for forgiveness. Please say some prayers for me. I would rather have it all diappear.

6. jlynn

jlynn Well-Known Member

Mr. Cooke is a very nice person (and famous here), but don't get your hopes up too high. He is not able to do a lot in this department (chargeoffs) :(

7. shawbee

Thanks for letting me know, still it's hard not to get a little excited. It's been a very tough weekend. I am a great advocate of faith and hope. Personally been cured of a cancer that supposedly is not curable. This is a small thing compared to that.:)

8. shawbee

Well you were right about Mr Cooke. He is going to get my R5 changed to a R9 but thats all he has authority to do. I am a little bummed about it.

9. shawbee

I am so mad right. My credit report was fixed for about a day and then it got changed back to the r5. So much for Mr. Cooke's help. What can I do now. Cap.1 is inaccurately reporting that I am 120 days behind with a 0 balance and have moved my dola to10/2000 instead of 1/98. I settled in 10/2000 but my last payment before collections was 1/98. These people tick me off. What next?