disputes

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by curious, Dec 6, 2000.

1. curious

curious Well-Known Member

Hi!

I have disputed a collection with Equifax and Transunion. Equifax came back verified and Transunion deleted it. I saw some where that by law. If the bureau deletes a file, they have to send the information to the other 2 bureaus to have it removed also if it's listed on their reports.

So my question is: Can I have Transunion send Equifax the information saying that the account was unveriable and should be deleted even though Equifax did verify it??

Please advise!!

2. Kristi

Kristi Guest

No. One bureau does not have to follow what another bureau does. They are seperate. However if the deletion was because the item is false or innaccurate then push the other bureau to comply. On the other hand if the info was accurate and you simply got lucky because one did not verify it then the other may never remove it.

curious wrote:
    -------------------------------
    Hi!

I have disputed a collection with Equifax and Transunion. Equifax came back verified and Transunion deleted it. I saw some where that by law. If the bureau deletes a file, they have to send the information to the other 2 bureaus to have it removed also if it's listed on their reports.

So my question is: Can I have Transunion send Equifax the information saying that the account was unveriable and should be deleted even though Equifax did verify it??

Please advise!!