Disputing 30 day late.

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by fand123, Oct 23, 2001.

1. fand123

fand123 Well-Known Member

I have a 30 day late payment from 9-1997 on my experian report from FCNB. I have disputed it about 4 times and keeps coming verified. Considering the age, is it my time to keep fighting it? That is only blemish left on my experian report.

2. roni

roni Well-Known Member

Sure.... why not. Don't expect to see a big jump in your score given that age, but if a human ever reviews your file, it would make a better impression if it was not there.....

Worth an "online" investigation try every 60 days or so.......

BTW, is it with a current creditor/open account? Maybe you could contact them directly.... either to remove the late pay or have them provide you with a letter that it was never late.

3. fand123

Thank you very much. I will try your suggestion.

4. miles

miles Well-Known Member

I don't think it would hurt to keep fighting every now & then. I also don't think the 1 30 day late is hurting you that much given the age. I have one on my report as well from June of 1997. It has not prohibited me from obtaining my Chase Platinum, Bank of America Gold (now Platinum), American Express Blue and JCB. I wouldn't sweat it too much. :) Good luck!!

5. Maer

Maer Well-Known Member

I have a single 30 day late on my report. It is 3 years old from Victoria's Secret. I cannot get it deleted. The bureau refused to re-investigate. I got my score from all 3 bureaus recently, on all 3 of them, the number one reason for not scoring better was my one and only late payment. The 2nd reason was my Chapter 7 B/K!!!!! The SECOND REASON!!!!
    Good luck removing it, let us know how it goes

6. fand123

I have been disputing this via certified mail. As suggested by someone, I will switch gears and dispute on-line. I called the creditor and they verified I was late in 1997 and will not budge on the idea of removing it. It is so damn frustrating. I will keep spamming the CRA's till they remove it.

7. roni

roni Well-Known Member

Let me guess... Experian? That is a clear violation of the Fair Credit Reporting Act which does not limit the number of times or how offer a consumer can request an investigation on a tradeline. Write them a letter certified mail RRR quoting the above... If they don't investigate, laugh all the way to the court and the bank because its $100-$1000 damages for Civil Liablility for Wilful Noncompliance.

8. fand123

You guessed it! It's those pinheads at Experian. It took only one dispute with TU and EQX to get rid of it. Experian will not budge. I will just keep spamming them till they get tired of me and delete it.

9. lbrown59

lbrown59 Well-Known Member

Sue and they will get tired quick