disputing addys, how many at o

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Mary, Feb 4, 2001.

1. Mary

Mary Guest

Hi everyone,
    Between 1995 and 1999, I lived at 3 different addresses in 4 years,and most or all of my negative credit is tied to these 3 addresses. How many should I safely dispute at one time? I would love to try and get them all off at once, but I dont want to "flag" my report by trying to delete too much info at once.

Also, Experian (without a doubt the worst of the 3 CRA's for me) has about 12 different variations of my name. Should I dispute all of them, or only a few at a time?

Thanks

2. river

river Well-Known Member

RE: disputing addys, how many

I can also say Experian was my worst also with addresses and names.I disputed all at one time and when I got my updated they were all taken off . I have been at my present address for 3 years and I had them to verify it and show on my report.I also had employment updated and verify it and have it shown on report hire date.You have that right.It's all to your advantage.I did this with all three CRA's.

3. river

river Well-Known Member

Also...

I updated my current home phone number as well.This, updated info also,I feel,helps when it comes to your credit scoring and other considerations from merchants decisions in lending,especially,if you have outstanding credit.Just my opinion.But some may feel this will stir up old collection debts,but I feel that it shows that your not trying to run from them.Goes back to what Saar stated a few posts back," you either do what is right or what is smart".Your decision.

4. molly

molly Well-Known Member

I sent in a xerox copy of the address page of my report with everything that was incorrect hightlighted. I got my updated report about two weeks later. Just be real specific that the hightlighted addresses or info is incorrect. It's not a big deal. Good luck.

5. keltex

keltex Guest

I just disputed my addresses on all 3 reports. What I found was that all 3 contained a variety of past addresses, including variations of current and previous. What I did was listed where I had lived and dates that I had lived there for the last six years (have had 3 addresses since that time, including current). But here is what surprised me: the variations in accurate addresses; like one with my apt. #, one without; one with an inaccurate apt #, etc. I had about five addresses that were just variations.

Transunion and equifax corrected rather quickly (within 2 weeks). Experian took their time (more than one month).

6. sam

sam Well-Known Member

Yes do all of them, except your current "CORRECTLY" spelled address.

they will comply :)

7. jamie

jamie Well-Known Member

I sent my current DL for address verification. TU & Experian got it right. Equifax 2 letters, 2 phone calls, still can't get it right. Somehow, RR1 Box XXX turned into 1 RR 1 PO Box XXX. As we all know, lenders sometimes deny credit because addresses don't match or even strictly because of a PO box. These are the people we are counting on and lenders paying for compete an accurate information. Maybe I'll dispute my current address now and I'll disappear completely. Remember, their records didn't even come close to my real name?

8. keltex

keltex Guest

Yes, check names-Equifax had spelled my first AND last name incorrectly. Transunion had six different name versions-some weren't even close. I sent along a DL and copy of utility bill and both were revised. Experian had several different versions of my name, and kept all of them on there.

Kinda surprising how many errors were just in the name and addresses.