Disputing credit limits

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Saar, Feb 12, 2001.

1. Saar

Saar Banned

Now I can give a complete report on CRA behavior when disputing limits. I already know some people have had different results w/ Experian. Feel free to share your insights:

1. Experian (through CBA in Cherry Hill, NJ): Credit limit was updated based on a statement I enclosed.

2. TransUnion: Creditor (as expected) failed to respond => WHOLE TRADELINE DELETED. It will be re-inserted upon my request, by the creditor.

3. Equifax: Creditor did not respond => Tradeline remains unchanged.

The results: Experian is my best report.

Saar

2. sam

sam Well-Known Member

RE: what about the hc -> 0

Call me lazy, but what i'm doing, since i'm being lazy as of late, it just maxxing out the card, rolling a cycle, so my HC is set to near the limit, then paying off the card.

think that works?

my cap 1 which has a $800 limit (+$300 special purpose) shows HC $923. My other cap 1 shows HC $423 , both read balance 0.

My Citi reads HC $3900 but since i use it usually shows a balance about half of that.

Think that will work in my benefit? It's about time to volley off another round of dispute, maybe i'll try your method with experian, but its my WORST report, so i dont think about it much..

3. Saar

Saar Banned

"Call me lazy, but what i'm doing, since i'm being lazy as of late, it just maxxing
    out the card, rolling a cycle, so my HC is set to near the limit, then paying off
    the card. think that works?"

I *know* it works, except for the Amex Optima Platinum. That's one of the many reasons I prefer using the Amex Blue. I've transfered most of my Opt Plat credit line to the Blue to get at least one high-limit card ($8.5K).

I'll soon get to NYC, so maxing out would become easy :)

Saar

4. Top

Top Guest

I did dispute Citibank Credit limit with Experian without successful even I sent them the statement and even letter from citibank showing my credit limit. I called experian but they said they can't add those information if the creditor doesn't report.

So frustrasted!