Disputing Debts - Help!

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by SM, May 17, 2000.

1. SM

SM Guest

I am trying to resolve two debts which I do not believe I owe. My biggest problem is that I send the official, certified letters to these two creditors requesting "proof" of these debts.

One of the debtors, GMAC, has ignored 3 certified letters. So I wrote to my Attorney General and finally got some response from GMAC. However, what I am disputing is an "insurance charge". I have continuously asked them to send me proof of this charge. So what do I get? A statement showing my payments on the account and at the bottom they handwrite in "Insurance Charge $601.00". How is that any kind of valid proof? Don't these people have to provide some sort of paperwork showing how they actually purchased insurance on this vehicle?? I am soooo tired of being railroaded. What does the law say about this proof? I am sure that each time I have disputed it with the credit bureau they have just receive a form letter from GMAC saying "yes, they owe it" and the credit bureau consitutes this as proof. How can I get this handled? Doesn't the credit bureau have to provide me with solid proof of the investigation?? Is there some kind of law that stipulates the "proof"? It can't just be someone's word...they should have to show VALID proof that I owe a debt.

Sorry to be long-winded, but I am soooo frustrated. This has been going on for over 2 years!

2. Support@cr

Support@cr Guest

Disputing Debts - Help! (TEST)

TEST