Disputing Inquiries w/ Equifax &...

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by matty61184, Jul 4, 2001.

1. matty61184

matty61184 Well-Known Member

Hey guys,
    I'm back, just wondering how long it will take for me to get answers on my inquiry disputes on Equifax and Experian. I disputed about 6 inquiries on Experian a week or so ago, and still nothing has been done, but everything I have disputed has the outcome listed as "pending" As for Equifax, I am mailing a scripted letter I think I got here to them at the local office here in town. I have heard Equifax can be a pain in the ass to get inquiries removed. Any tips/suggestions? Let me know. Thanks!

2. leo728

leo728 Well-Known Member

Put in 9 disputes 2 weeks ago at experian. 2 have come off yesterday, the rest should follow shortly.

3. pfinbar

pfinbar Member

I am merely a consumer, not an attorney. I will help you as I can for free and for fun, but will not ramble here. E mail me @ pfmcgarry@yahoo.com, and let me know if each item is legit or not. It is an interesting paradox that one can often get true info removed as easily as false info. I'll help you remove the false info. I'll also help you if there is the slightest inaccuracy in the written delinquency- an incorrect date of delinquency, for example.

4. Cyprigirl

Cyprigirl Well-Known Member

pfinbar:
    You keep posting that you are not an attorney, I have not read that anyone on the board implying or expressing that you were a lawyer. Everyone is here for various reasons and if you have info that could be helpful to everyone, why don't you just share it.

I don't understand the secrecy.

Anyway, just my two cents :)

By the way are you in the legal field?

Is that why you are usingthe disclaimer?

Cyprigirl:)

5. penguin

penguin Well-Known Member

Would you post the letter you used to dispute inquiries? I live in southern Cal., and Experian seems to be the popular report around here. I've been hit by so many inquiries b/c I was shopping for a new car. I'm sure my FICO's taken a hit! Thank you!

6. nursie

nursie Well-Known Member

Yes, I'm wondering that too. Pfinbar, I think we are all interested in what you have to say. Could you post here rather than by email?