Disputing Previous Address

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by S.D., Jan 31, 2001.

1. S.D.

S.D. Guest

I read on here a few posts down that having your previous address deleted was the key to having negatives removed on your credit report. How effective is this? I have a charge-off that keeps showing as verified on all three reports and this was while I was temporarily staying at my mother- in- law's place. This is not really mine. I would like to have this removed (due to come off in 2005), but before I dispute again, I would liketo try a different technique (such as having my previous address removed). Any feedback on this would be great. Thanks in Advance!! =0)

2. Alwilda Sm

Alwilda Sm Guest

You have nothing to lose in disputing previous addresses. They WILL come off guaranteed! One less piece of info that they can verify. This should always be STEP ONE in the repair process.

-Alwilda Smith

3. S.D.

S.D. Guest

Thanks, Alwilda! That's what I wanted to know. I was becoming a liitle discouraged...Anyway, back to the dispute forms! =0)

4. arteagle

arteagle Guest

contact the CB's---say remove that address because you you never lived at that previous address then request an updated report. All three CR's send me a report. On a previous post i heard that you should wait at least six months you dispute the items again. apparently, the old address still appears on their screen for about six months after the old address is removed.

5. Jo

Jo Guest

Hey Art

[ message removed by pbm ]

6. roni

roni Well-Known Member

THANKS. THAT IS GREAT INFO.

RONI

arteagle wrote:
    -------------------------------
    contact the CB's---say remove that address because you you never lived at that previous address then request an updated report. All three CR's send me a report. On a previous post i heard that you should wait at least six months you dispute the items again. apparently, the old address still appears on their screen for about six months after the old address is removed.

7. arteagle

arteagle Guest

hey jo

8. S.D.

S.D. Guest

Enough is enough

9. Jo

Jo Guest

RE: hey jo