Disputing TU inquiries....HOW???

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Om, Oct 5, 2001.

1. Om

Om Well-Known Member

I was unsuccessful trying online and just got off the phone with one of the reps and was told that they do not investigate inquiries. I was told that, "it is accurate information because they did pull a credit report and we are required to report that information. If you feel it was done without permissible purpose then you need to contact the company directly."

Is this just the rep I got or is this standard practice for TU? How have any of you been successful at removing TU inquiries?

-Om

2. keltexx

keltexx Well-Known Member

There was recently a post by themyles on this subject- I didn't have success w/ cut and paste, but just do a search on "TU inquiry"...

I have had success w/ other CRAs by just disputing by mail, along the lines of " I was never told a report was being pulled, nor did I give permission."

Better success if the creditor isn't listed on your report...good luck

3. roni

roni Well-Known Member

Try again.... a human inputs the online investigation requests at TU. In the account section list the creditors name, but in the account # list the date of the inquiry, and for type of investigation choose OTHER: Never applied for credit with XXX. DELETE Inquiry.

SHould work.

4. Om

Om Well-Known Member

Well, I've called for a second time today with results equal to the first. I couldn't find the thread mentioned. My first attempt at disputing them online got me a letter saying the same thing the reps told me today but I will try again if nobody has any better techniques to offer.

-Om

5. themyles

themyles Well-Known Member

To get TU to remove inquiries don`t ask them tell them. Make a copy of the page with the inquiries and highlight the ones you want removed and mention this is the last effort to get these removed prior to filing. Be blunt and to the point.

This worked for me they removed 12 inquiries