disputing w/ citibank and EMCC?

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by metallicat, Oct 16, 2001.

1. metallicat

metallicat Well-Known Member

Hi...

I'm disputing a debt with citibank and EMCC, does anyone have any idea what the addresses for dispute are? I called both citibank and EMCC and received a different address each time....

thanks.

2. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

What is your problem with EMCC?? I have dealt with them twice and they listened quickly real quick LOL. You can use the address on your statements and send it attention Carl Steinman. Let me know what problem you have??

3. metallicat

metallicat Well-Known Member

Do explain more. Did they offer to settle for deletion? I've spoken to several customer service reps and they refuse to settle for deletion, they will only update it to show paid in full.

I've also sent a validation letter to their pembroke , MA address and they haven't responded in more than 60 days.

4. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

Sorry should have been more specific, I had them report my good standing account with them (sold from xcom) as a charge off, I got this off quicker than anything and they reported hubby 30 days late on good account as well. But I never dealt with them regarding delinquent accounts.

But the only person who seems to pay attention there is Mr Steinman.

5. Quixote

Quixote Well-Known Member

EMCC- they're beauties!

I paid off the X.com account. A grand total of $36.46. I then disputed it on line and it disappeared. I win, right? Not one month goes by and I've got LTD Financial coming after me on the same account, only now they want $232.42 for the same $36.46 debt. So they collected on it and then sold it to another collector. Great fun, those guys!

That's OK. Bill Bauer and I will fix their little red wagon...