DKNEFFJR@MINDSPRING.COM

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Donna, Nov 17, 2000.

1. Donna

Donna Well-Known Member

Roni and others who may be interested.

When I called The Citi to see if I could upgrade from silver to platinum, the rep was nice but made me a different offer.

What we agreed on was to combine my two accounts. So the silver is gone and I'm keeping the gold. Now I have an $18,000 credit limit. Everything went through while I was still on the phone so I know the deal was activated.

And here's the best part -- When I mentioned that I wanted the Platinum card because the interest rate was lower, she said, "Let me see what I can do." The end result was a 5% drop. My remaining gold card is now at 13.4.

So, Roni, I didn't get the deal you got but I'm still very pleased. I'm especially thrilled with the interest rate.

Donna

2. Donna

Donna Well-Known Member

OOPS -- SORRY

My apologies, everyone.

I inadvertently put my Email address in the subjectline.

Here's the deal. I'm a blind computer user and I rely on a speech synthesizer to read the screen. Sometimes, especially when I'm filling in boxes, it's hard to tell if I'm typing information in the right spot.

Please be patient. I promise to get the information in the correct box next time.

Thanks.

Donna

3. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

That's great

that's great Donna. Maybe I should try combining my two, I really don't need 2 of them.

4. Donna

Donna Well-Known Member

GIVE IT A SHOT

Mom, Combining the two cards is a good deal, I think, especially with the lower interest rate.

Go ahead and call Citibank. If you speak with a rep, and decide not to take the deal that's offered, no problem. The rep with whom I spoke was very careful about making certain that combining cards was okay and this was something I wanted to do.

If you do call, I'd love to hear what happens.

Donna

5. roni.

roni. Guest

that is great Donna. I need to take some lessons from you. Way to wheel and deal. I will stick with 2 cards for now. There has been too much activity on my accounts for one night. Also, I am still fascinated with all the metal I am adding to my wallet, so I will stick w/ a gold and a platinum. I know that's silly. But so am I. But is really wonderful to know that we can combine the accounts. I will seek that task later. Citibank is treating us so much better than capital one or providian. Isn't that something.

roni.

Donna wrote:
    -------------------------------
    Roni and others who may be interested.

When I called The Citi to see if I could upgrade from silver to platinum, the rep was nice but made me a different offer.

What we agreed on was to combine my two accounts. So the silver is gone and I'm keeping the gold. Now I have an $18,000 credit limit. Everything went through while I was still on the phone so I know the deal was activated.

And here's the best part -- When I mentioned that I wanted the Platinum card because the interest rate was lower, she said, "Let me see what I can do." The end result was a 5% drop. My remaining gold card is now at 13.4.

So, Roni, I didn't get the deal you got but I'm still very pleased. I'm especially thrilled with the interest rate.

Donna

6. Donna

Donna Well-Known Member

YOUR DEAL WAS GOOD, TOO

Roni,

You've gotta stick with the arrangement that's most to your liking. Having a Platinum card in your wallet is terrific! You did great with Citibank!

The offer I got makes me happy, too. I like the idea of having a creditcard with an $18,000 limit. hehehehehe A couple years back, I couldn't even get an $18 limit!

Yes, Citibank is rolling out the red carpet for those of us who are trying to restore our credit. I'll always appreciate that.