dkneffjr@mindspring.com

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Donna, Nov 21, 2000.

1. Donna

Donna Well-Known Member

Hi Everyone.

I'm just curious about AT&T. Is their creditcard operations now owned by Citibank? I heard that somewhere but don't know if it's true.

If anyone knows about this, please let me know. I'm curious. I also wonder how easy the AT&T card is to get.

Thanks.

Donna

2. Donna

Donna Well-Known Member

RE:AT&T UNIVERSAL - CITIBA

I keep doing it! Typing the subjectline in the Email address field. That's because my speech synthesizer isn't reading the boxes clearly. What is happening is that it's reading both fields simultaneously.

Sorry for the goof up.

Thanks.

Donna

3. Killer

Killer Guest

I don't know the answer to your questions. I just wanted to say that we are not bothered when your synthesizer goofs up. What's funny is that I've done the same thing lots of times and don't have an excuse! LOL

4. Donna

Donna Well-Known Member

Thanks Killer. I appreciate your kind reply. It's nice to know that those of you with sight occasionally goof, too.

Donna

5. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

Not sure Donna, I know I heard they aquired AT &T not sure if it's a done deal though. I got an invitation to apply for them last year I did and was declined, shild have known then what I know now invitaiton doesn't mean squat. But I am not familiar with your credit, but I dont think they are as easy as others. Others who have this card may know.

Mom

6. Donna

Donna Well-Known Member

RE:AT&T CREDIT CARDS - aCQ

Thanks Mom. I appreciate you sharing what you know and have heard from others.

Maybe I should hold off applying for this card. I just thought it might be one of the easier cards to get, especially if there was a CitiBank affiliation.

I guess I'm feeling extra good today, credit wise. CapitalOne gave me a $2,500 limit increase yesterday and, when I got home, there was some good news in the mail from Experian.

I have this two-year-old paid charge off that I've been working to get deleted and the going has been tough with all three bureaus. *Finally* Experian saw the light and deleted the bad mark. Now I hope Transunion and Equifax will do the same. My credit will be looking pretty respectable then.

This credit battle is tough! Once I get mine straightened out, I'm gonna guard it with my life!!!!!! I never realized how valuable good credit is until I didn't have it.

Thanks again.

Donna

7. sam

sam Well-Known Member

Actually, my universal charge off on one reports shows its account sold , now citibank

(I owe both universal and associates for charge off, i wonder how long citibank is gonna keep me as a customer!! ack!)

8. ble103

ble103 Guest

HI Donna

Yes AT&T universal is affiliated with citibank.Is the card easy to get?The answer is yes if you got good to excellent credit rating.I have got to becarful not to transfer any balances between AT&T,and CITIBANK because i would be "kiting" them.

9. S.D.

S.D. Guest

Donna wrote:
    "This credit battle is tough! Once I get mine straightened out, I'm gonna guard it with my life!!!!!! I never realized how valuable good credit is until I didn't have it."

Girl, that deserves an AMEN!! I never realized how serious it was to have credit (Good credit, that is).It's so important...
    I'm gonna do like you and guard it w/ my life once I get mine worked out!! =0]
    I'm glad I'm not alone out there in the poor credit world!!

10. Donna

Donna Well-Known Member

Sam,

If The Citi hasn't caught you by now, I'd say your credit status with them is pretty safe.

Donna

11. Donna

Donna Well-Known Member

Take Heart, S.D., you're definitely not alone in the land of poor credit. But with lots of hard work...and tons of patience...we'll start qualifying for more prime cards, as well as the other benefits that accompany good credit.

Hang in there. You'll make it and we'll all be here to offer encouragement and support.

Donna

12. Donna

Donna Well-Known Member

ble103, Thanks for the info. Maybe I'll hold off applying for an AT&T card. From your post, I take it that you have pretty good credit.

Donna

13. S.D.

S.D. Guest

Thanks

Thanks for the encouragement, Donna!=0]
    Sometimes I really need the support. It can get pretty depressing and you feel like giving up on improving your credit, etc., but we can't ignore it. The mistakes won't go away...it'll only get worse. So for all who feel like giving up, don't! Like Donna said, it just takes some work and patience! ;0]
    Good luck to all. Thanks again, Donna!

14. Donna

Donna Well-Known Member

RE: Thanks

You're right, S.D., we can't give up. We have everything to gain by plugging away at our bad marks and everything to lose if we don't.

But, believe me! I know how you feel. Getting those rejection letters from creditors can be awfully depressing and I've lost track of how many times Experian wrote back telling me that there would be no changes to my report. hehehehe I could probably start a small bond fire with those letters. But I'm finally starting to get somewhere. Equifax and Transunion were much easier to deal with. However, Experian was the first bureau to delete my most negative mark - The paid charge off. I'm so glad it's gone! I feel like celebrating!

15. roni

roni Well-Known Member

Donna,
    dont even bother putting in the email.

roni

16. Skip

Skip Guest

How'd you get your capone incr

I'am wondering if it was a mistake getting my capone gold card after hearing some of the stories here. How long have you had yours,did they give you regular increases,how often,how's your credit excellent,bad? Did you have to call in or request the increase, threaten etc. etc.

17. Carrot

Carrot Guest

RE: How'd you get your capone

My credit is pretty bad (bk & judgments) but I got a Cap1 unsecured card with a $200 limit in June. In september they increased it to $700. I really don't know why I got the increase, but I did not use the card the first three months that I had it. They notified me by mail of the increasee. Is your card secured or unsecured?

18. Skip

Skip Guest

RE: How'd you get your capone

Unsecured