DMB Reserve Line

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by JacquiG, Apr 14, 2001.

1. JacquiG

JacquiG Well-Known Member

Hi again,

I applied for the Direct Merchants Bank Reserve Line account that was listed in my worthknowing report. I already have a DMB MasterCard. I did the online app on Monday, and got an email on Tuesday pm saying I would receive a letter in 7-10 days (uh oh...). Haven't gotten anything yet, so I called. Was given another number, the rep there says it's still being processed.

This is going to sound bad, but I only need this account because I'm doing a lot of stuff to my house, and don't want to keep doing balance transfers and paying fees on my current cards. The company that's doing my landscaping doesn't take credit cards. This account supposedly has no transaction fee if you use their checks.

OK, here are the questions:
    1. Will DMB let you have more than one account?
    2. Does anyone have the Reserve Line account or applied for it? What was the result? How long did it take for you to receive a response?
    3. Any other companies come to mind that works like this (no fees for checks)?
    4. Etc...

Thanks all!

2. MikeB

MikeB Banned

I have had very bad experiences with DMB. I closed my account with them. Be careful.

MikeB

3. greyfox

greyfox Well-Known Member

What MikeB said.

4. F.F.M

F.F.M Guest

I am with MikeB and greyfox....!!!!

WATCH OUT....!!!!!!

5. Doug

Doug Well-Known Member

I got to say watch out for the interest rate, no fee checks are nice but DMB is one of the higher APR out there. Fleet sent me a 7500 check with no fee and 15.99% interest. Currently have the Fusion Visa and Gold Mastercard, but the check is totally separate from either card.

6. newcomer 2

newcomer 2 Guest

My DMB APR is currenty 9.7 and I have a 6.9 for six monthes balance transfer. they are currently my lowest apr.

7. JacquiG

JacquiG Well-Known Member

I've never had a problem with DMB. My account is just over 2 years old, and my APR is now 12.24% (after last rate decrease). They doubled my limit last month from $3100 to $6200.