dmb slow to post

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by peeper, Feb 18, 2001.

1. peeper

peeper Guest

I made a 500.00 payment online on feb7 and here it is feb 18 and they stiil have not posted the payment to my account,even though the payment posted to my checking account a week ago. Comments?

2. LKH

LKH Well-Known Member

Do you have a secured account with dmb? I would suggest you call customer service and tell them you paid online and it cleared your account a week ago, they should clear your account then. They have a policy of waiting 15 days to clear all payments for secured accounts no matter how it is paid.

3. sam

sam Well-Known Member

sounds like you are having troubles with two separate banks, maybe you should investigate the usps in your neighborhood :)

4. Chet

Chet Well-Known Member

DMB waits ~15 days to post payments!

This, along with my measly (500)limit, %24+ APR, and their inability to increase my credit limit, is the reason I am cancelling this card.

I just called them 2 days ago, and a rude customer service rep told me that my terms are the way they are, and that's that!

(I asked for a limit increase or to lower the APR and she rudely told me no, and that if I wanted to cancel the card, then I could pay the balance online)

Goodbye DMB!

chet

5. CCMax

CCMax Guest

Sad but true. Someone here mentioned that payments under $75 post immediately, which I have found to be true. I hate to admit it,but to get my payments to count right away, I have literally divided my payments usually by about $50-75 over several days and then paid them online. For example, if I were paying $300, I would make payments of $75 over four days. In my case, they always post the next business day and the balance is cleared even before the payment posts on my checking acct. It really is the equivalent of mailing the check and waiting a few days for the check to clear. But I agree this 15-day waiting period is totally unnecessary, annoying, and no way to treat good customers. I'm evaluating whether I want to continue doing business with DMB too. I'm tired of jumping through hoops when I proven myself credit worthy.

CC

6. Jake

Jake Guest

DMB has online. Since the first time I used it I've never written them a paper check after. Online usually POST the next working day! It will clear the day after that.