DMB...Ugh!!

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Dani, Oct 15, 2001.

1. Dani

Dani Well-Known Member

My mom has a card with DMB. In March, I called them to lower the rate. They lowered it to 16.24%. It has gone up steadily since then although the interest has been decreasing. It is now at 18.49% (ludicrous, when the prime rate is 5.5%). They refuse to lower it , saying they have nothing to offer her and to call back in 30 days. I told her to transfer the balance to Chase, but her Chase is maxed out. The interest rate she has there is 10.99%. The only other cards she has are department store cards. I have run out of ideas. She can't apply for a new card since both accounts are maxed and she's using about 85% of her credit lines. The balance is over $5000. Anyone has any ideas? Thanks in advance.

Dani

2. sam

sam Well-Known Member

apply for the citi AA, convert to platinum select, use BT offer.

3. Dani

Dani Well-Known Member

Sam,

She has good credit, but her lines are maxed. Will they still consider her or is it a wasted inquiry? Thanks.

Dani

4. Katco

Katco Well-Known Member

When DMB sees that you have other options then they will lower the interest rate. Can she make a bigger pymnt to DMB? Maybe then call and say she is considering transferring the balance if they dont lower rate.

5. Dani

Dani Well-Known Member

She's already threatened to transfer the balance to Chase (which is a lie because she doesn't have enough available credit). DMB said okay. They really don't care. To bad Bloomingdales and Neiman Marcus don't make balance transfers, she would be alright. :)

Dani

6. Katco

Katco Well-Known Member

They know what balances she carries thru AR's. What about a LOC from somewhere? My APR with them is 10.99. She will have to call them over and over again.

7. MikeB

MikeB Banned

I can't say enough bad things about DMB, so I won't even start.....

8. MartysGirl

MartysGirl Well-Known Member

MikeB.. I am with you ...!!!

DMB suck...!!! If she can get away from those people it will be to her advantage..!!!!

9. Dani

Dani Well-Known Member

Mike and Martysgirl, I agree. Anyone who charges you 18.49% when the prime rate is 5.5% has every intention of screwing you over. She said she is going to give the Citibank AAdvantage a try and see if they will give her a high enough limit to cover a balance transfer and pay off DMB.