Do balance transfer increase c

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by David, Sep 21, 2000.

1. David

David Well-Known Member

Most credit card applications have a section where you may input information for balance transfers off of your other accounts.

I wonder if having balance transfer requests has any bearing on your credit approval??

2. Michael

Michael Guest

RE: Do balance transfer increa

Very doubtfull, as the bank would still have a minimum criteria for approvals

3. Cadillac408

Cadillac408 Well-Known Member

RE: Do balance transfer increa

My experience was this:

I had a First USA platinum card (that I got when my credit was good). I got into an argument w/ a representative over a late payment fee that I was charged that should not have been (long story...). I was not happy with the way I was treated so I closed my account! Then I applied for the Capital One Platinum card on-line and tried to transfer the balance on my First USA card over. I was denied! That's when I found out that some things were added to my credit (a judgement and some small collections)after I obtained the First USA card. I then tried to re-open my account w/ First USA and they said NO (I was so mad). They say it was due to the judgement, etc. So I left it alone for like a year or so and just continued to pay them their money (at 15% interest...at least they didn't raise that). Then this year I reapplied for the Capital One Platinum and I knew I was probably going to initially be denied but my plan was to call and talk to a supervisor, explain my situation, and see if they would open me up an account w/ a $5000 limit and transfer the balance from First USA ($4900) over. What would they have to loose? I had an excellent pay history w/ First USA? Guess they didn't see it that way :-(

So now I'm stuck making payments to F'king First USA on a account I can't even access anymore! I can't even pay online anymore! Makes me so mad :-||

At this point, I'm really trying to clean up and add more positive stuff to my credit so I can qualify for some kind of loan or card so that I can transfer the remaining balance on First USA and get far away from those rape artists. First USA sucks!