Do mortgage lenders "see" disputes?

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by MikeB, Jul 21, 2001.

1. MikeB

MikeB Banned

I am just wondering... I am planning on going to the bank next week to apply for a mortgage. I have several disputes ongoing with each CRA. Will the mortgage lender see these disputes, and will these disputes cause any problems other than my scores possibly decreasing after unsuccessful disputes?
    Thanks for any info.

2. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

Don't know for a fact...but they may see "IN DISPUTE" or it is not on the report they get...

3. bbauer

bbauer Banned

Don't know about that for sure, but what is becoming more and more apparent is that title insurance companies and those who provide the combined reports provided to the mortgage companies are able to pick up stuff the normal credit bureaus do not show from somewhere.

That is currently being investigated to see what can be done about it if the reports are true.

4. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

I actually happen to have factual info on this as I just received my official mortgage credit report and it has one item on their I was disputing. It states that the item is in dispute but it is definitely listed on the official report for the mortgage lender.

5. MikeB

MikeB Banned

Thanks everyone. I hope the dispute itself is not detrimental in the eyes of the lender. My EXP score is 619 and my EFX score is 570 :( I haven't checked TU lately. All of my derogs will be at least 2 years old in Sept.

The bank that I use pulled EXP for my credit card so maybe I will get lucky. I only have 10% for downpayment, but I can pay the mortgage off in 10 years or less, so maybe that will make a difference.

Maybe I can get a high interest loan and refinance once my scores improve. Thanks again.

6. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

Hey, Mike, it didn't hurt me..in fact, it showed there was a problem and I sent supporting proof of the error to the broker who had it to support what I was saying.

7. Kelly

Kelly Well-Known Member

when we bought our house in feb the mortgage co. saw the disputed items that were not deleted (consumer disputes info. says not his/hers). They didn't comment on it. though they were concerned that the creditor was still updating. That wasn't really true - they had not reported anything for years, but, since the items were disputed and verified it looked like they were reporting recently.

8. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

They actually called our creditor to get an update on this (and the rest) and the creditor refused to tell them anything.

9. MikeB

MikeB Banned

Hmm, all good info. Thanks.
    In my mind, I would think that the fact that you are disputing your inaccurate (and accurate...shhh:) credit records demonstrates that you are being proactive about improving your credit, but you can't use logic when dealing with FICO and lending practices.