Do-Not-Call List, Bites Dust

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Butch, Sep 24, 2003.

1. Hedwig

Hedwig Well-Known Member

Re: Re: : Do-Not-Call List, Bites

I've bought things from cold calls. And I wouldn't have the mortgage I have now if it hadn't been for a cold call. I didn't think my credit was in shape yet for a prime or near-prime rate. Turned out I got it.

2. Flyingifr

Flyingifr Well-Known Member

Re: : Do-Not-Call List, Bites

And a much more reliable survey has shown that about 50 million of us don't want to be called at all. Why is that an issue?

3. rhondak

rhondak Well-Known Member

Re: : Do-Not-Call List, Bites

I wouldn't buy anything from anyone through an unsolicited call just out of principle! To me, calling my home number (unlisted for a reason) is an invasion of my privacy, my home time.

Although, I rarely have to worry these days. I have a home phone that's always busy (because of the computer being online) and I'm moving in a month where I won't have a home phone at all (Cable internet access)

So far, somehow cell phones (at least mine) have escaped the telemarketers.

I've worried about even putting the cell phone numbers on the do not call list. I worry that it would actually GIVE them numbers they didn't have before.

4. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

CELL PHONES WERE ALREADY ILLEGAL TO CALL--they basically are calling you COLLECT...YOU PAY FOR THE CALL

5. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

(unlisted for a reason)

YOU DON'T REALLY "THINK" THEY LOOK A PHONEBOOK TO SELL YOU SOMETHING DO YOU???

COMPUTERS DIAL...

213-258-0001
    213-258-0002
    213-258-0003

6. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

My BROTHER-IN-LAW (UNLISTED) got 5-10 times more JUNK phone calls than I ever did (LISTED)

...AND WHAT IS STUPID ABOUT IS THAT YOU PAY MONEY EVERY SINGLE MONTH TO HAVE IT UNLISTED...